Chapter 16

^my smol, precious babies^

Molly

The girls and I were all laughing, sitting on the floor, playing Monopoly, and talking.

"So Molly, describe your perfect special someone," Max said moving her game piece around the board.

"Well," I replied, rolling the dice. "They have to be sweet, and kind to others. They have to like science, D&D, video games, and chocolate. They have to be able to make me laugh, even when I'm sad. They have to be able to deal with my crazy ideas and theories. I want them to look at me like I'm the moon and the stars. I want to look at them like they're my everything. But most importantly, they have to love me for who I am."

"So basically Dustin," Katie said once I had finished my rant, and I turned redder than a solanum lycopersicum, or a tomato.

"Yeah, you're clearly head over heels in love with him," Eleven pointed out rather bluntly.

"I agree with Eleven," Max said gesturing to El.

"You're all saying these things like you're not head over heels for the other party members. Max clearly likes Lucas. Katie and Will are both obsessed with each other, but are too shy to admit it, and El is practically married to Mike," I told the other girls, and pretty soon we were all blushing messes.

"Touché," Max said.

"How about we bike to the playground at school? I need some fresh air, all the blushing in this room is making me warm," Katie suggested, and we all agreed.

We grabbed our bikes, and started biking towards our school. We had to pass Mike's house, and the boys, surprisingly, were outside throwing sticks at each other. They really were idiots sometimes.

"It's hard to believe we have crushes on those boys," I said to Max as we biked by the house. She turned and saw the stick war the boys were having.

"Yeah," she replied, shaking her head at their idiocy.

We arrived at the playground, and immediately jumped off our bikes in excitement.

"I haven't been on a slide in years!" Katie yelled as she ran, her reddish, brown hair flying behind her.

"I have never been to a playground," El said as she ran with us.

"Oh, well I'll explain," I replied. "Swings are fun. You sit on them, and you rock back and forth. You'll like them, it feels like you're flying. Slides are cool too. You just slide down them. The monkey bars aren't that great. You hang from the bar, and you swing from one to the other."

"Oh cool! Can we go on the swings first?" El asked after I had explained everything to her.

"Absolutely!" I yelled dragging El over to the swings.

"How do you move though? My feet can't touch the ground," El asked sitting on the swing.

"You use your legs. You push your legs out and then pull them back. It moves the swing back and forth," I said while demonstrating.

"Oh, I think I get it," she replied, copying my actions. Pretty soon our swings were going so high, I felt like I could touch the stars.

Dustin

The girls thought that they were slick, biking past Mike's house, thinking that we wouldn't notice. Sometimes they can really be dense.

"Guys did you see the girls bike by?" I asked calling a time out in our stick war.