Chapter 011 :)

Enjoy Gaten with a dog.

Molly

I sat in the back of Steve's car listening to Dustin try to explain Dart.

"And you're sure it's not a lizard?" Steve asked.

"Yes, it's not a lizard," Dustin replied.

"Well how do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve questioned once more.

"How do I know it's not just a lizard?" Dustin repeated aghast.

"Yeah how do you know if it wasn't just a lizard?" Steve asked one more time. He was either really dense, or in denial.

"Because it's face opened up and it ate my cat!" Dustin yelled. Steve was quiet after that.

"Steve, why did you have those flowers?" I asked hating the awkward silence that had come over the three of us.

"I was going to give them to Nancy. She was drunk and blew up at me. Said she didn't love me, and I was faking our relationship. I didn't know what to do, so," he trailed off.

"Oh," was all Dustin could say.

"Well if she doesn't love you anymore, maybe you should move on. There are plenty of other girls out there, or boys, if you're into that. You'll find someone who's deserving of your love, besides, Nancy's got a stick up her butt half the time. I think you're pretty dope Steve," I told him giving him a pat on the back from the backseat. He came me a small smile.

"When did you get so knowledgeable about this?" Steve asked.

"When Jared broke up with my older sister Wendy, that was the talk my mom gave her, and I've stolen some of her teen magazines before," I said shrugging.

"Oh," was all the two boys could say.

~Time Skip~

We were walking on the train tracks, throwing raw meat on the ground for Dart. The boys were up ahead, and I was in the back, trailing behind. I could hear some of their conversation though.

"So let me get this straight, you kept an slug, that was potentially dangerous, to impress a girl?" Steve asked, disbelief written all over his face.

"That's grossly oversimplifying it! Also it was an interdemensional slug," Dustin argued.

"You thought some girl would like a slug?" Steve asked.

I liked Dart. I thought he was cool. I thought to myself.

"Yeah, and she's not just some girl, she's different," Dustin said trailing off at the end. "She's pretty, but she's not stupid. Her hair falls perfectly on her shoulders, and her eyes sparkle when she gets excited. She's really smart, but she doesn't go around bragging to everyone about it. She makes me laugh, and smile every time I see her. We both like chocolate, and science. She likes to play D&D and video games and sometimes she'll think of strategies that are better than anyone else's."

I was so happy to see Dustin get so excited to talk about this girl. She seemed perfect for him. Just deep down, I wish he was talking about me.

"Whoa, whoa. You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" Steve asked.

"What, no!" Dustin exclaimed.

"Good you're too young for heartbreak," Steve told him.

'If it was me he wouldn't be heartbroken. I would tell him I loved him too,' I thought to myself.

"Girls like boys who don't act like they don't care. Who are confident, but not overly confident. Just show her you don't care," Steve advised Dustin.