Chapter 15

Molly

Will was safe, finally. After all that kid has been through, he deserved a peaceful life. No more monsters or threats from the Upside Down, since El had closed the gate. The lab was shut down, which meant that El was safe. We could finally put all of this supernatural danger behind us. We wouldn't have to worry about Demo-dogs anymore.

I smiled to myself as I watched Mike try to beat El at ski ball. He was failing miserably. They were such a cute couple, even if El doesn't fully understand what a romantic relationship is yet.

I turned my head to see Lucas and Will watching Dustin play Dragon's Lair. He was doing his best, and was so deep in concentration that I didn't think anything could break it. I smiled when he screamed in victory, and did a happy dance when he beat the high score. This boy was too cute.

Max noticed me staring, and walked up to me.

"Earth to Molly," she said waving a hand in front of my face.

"What?" I asked, not taking my eyes off my crush.

"You're staring," she pointed out, and I blushed, looking at my feet.

"Really?" I questioned, feeling very flustered.

"Yeah, but don't worry, he didn't see you," she said placing a quarter in my hand. "You wanna try to beat his score on Dig Dug?"

"You bet," I laughed starting up the game, and concentrating on nothing but the game. I didn't even notice Dustin walk up to me, and watch me as I played. Pretty soon I finished the game, my score being number one, two points above Max's.

"Nice job," Dustin commented, hugging me from behind, and I squealed.

"You scared me," I said turning around to face him.

"I know! You jumped like five feet in the air. C'mon, it's time to go," he replied taking my small hand in his, and leading me to our bikes.

"You're hands are warm," I told him, as we walked hand in hand. He smiled, and blushed.

"Thanks, I guess?" he said giving me a lopsided smile.

"Anytime Curly Fry," I replied, winking at him.

"See you tomorrow!" Dustin called as he rode in the direction of his house, waving at me.

"Bye Dustin," I said waving. I liked this boy so much. I just wished that he liked me that way too.

~Time Skip~

I biked to school the next morning, my beat up Converse pedaling to Hawkins Middle School. I smiled as I saw all my friends pull up at the front of the school. The boys on their bikes, and Max on her skateboard.

"What's got you so happy this morning?" Mike asked. "It's definitely not our Social Studies test."

"No, the test should be fine though. I'm just happy that all of us are safe," I replied.

"Me too," Will added, swinging his backpack over his shoulder.

"Well, well, what do we have here, The Freak Show. Toothless, Midnight, Frog Face, Zombie Boy, Twig Girl, and the hottie," Troy said as he marched up to us with his brainless sidekick.

"Go away Troy," I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"What are you going do if I don't?" he asked mockingly.

"Tell Mr. Clarke the real reason why you didn't take his test. You were skipping class, and I believe that that would be cause for expulsion since it is your fifth detention in a month," I retorted, smirking at Troy's shocked face.

"You wouldn't," he glared.

"Try me," I glared right back at him.

"You'll pay for this," he said walking away from us, sulking.

"That's another cause for expulsion!" I called after his retreating figure.

"That was awesome!" Dustin yelled wrapping me in hug.

"Totally tubular," Max agreed.

"Amazing!" Lucas said smiling.

"Impressive," Mike told me.

"Good job!" Will said nodding his head, agreeing with the others.

"Molly you have to let go of Dustin," Max told me, and I pulled away blushing. "It's almost time for class."

"Alright let's go," I said wrapping an arm around Max's shoulder as we walked towards our Social Studies classroom.

"Are we still on for a sleepover at your house this weekend. You, me, El, and Katie?" Max asked.

"You bet," I replied nodding.

"I'm so excited. I can't believe that Hopper's letting El out of the house," Max commented, and I nodded. It took some major convincing to even let her go to the arcade for two hours. How much did it take to let her sleep at my house? Either way, I'm glad I had my friend back.

~Time Skip~

I was so excited for this weekend! The girls and I were going to have so much fun! I had snacks, blankets, movies, and our favorite thing, board games. I was just putting on my pajamas when I heard a knock on the door. I was wearing my galaxy print pajama pants, a shirt that said "GeNiUS The periodic table can't be wrong," some fuzzy socks, and my hair was tied in two braids.

I answered the door to see Max, El, and Katie, all holding sleeping bags, wearing pajamas, and smiling at me

"Molly!" they all greeted.

"Hey guys!" I replied shaking from excitement. "Are you ready to get this sleepover started?!"