Chapter 18

It's time for the one chapter you've all been waiting for. THE SNOW BALL!!! I'm so excited for this! Hope you enjoy! Molly's outfit is above.

Molly

At the moment I was waiting to get out of school, so I could go home and get ready for the Snow Ball. I was excited, yes, but all of my friends had dates, and I didn't. It's not like I wanted to go with just anyone. I wanted to go with Dustin, but I was too scared to ask, and he hasn't asked me.

"Ah," I sighed in relief as the bell rang, shaking me from my depressing, hopeless romantic thoughts. I gathered my things, and walked to my locker to put my books away.

"Hey Molls," Dustin said walking up to me as I shut my locker.

"Hey Curly Fry," I said poking him on the cheek, which caused him to blush a little.

"Where are you headed?" he asked lacing our hands together.

"Home. It's Snow Ball tonight dummy," I teased.

"Yeah I know. Still no date?" he questioned as we picked up our bikes, ready to head home.

"Nope," I replied kicking my kickstand up, "Well I'll see you tonight."

"Bye Molls, see you tonight," he waved as I biked off. I smiled and waved back at the boy.

When I got home, my mom was there waiting for me.

"What's up girlfriend!" she exclaimed hugging me. I hugged back and smiled, happy to see her.

"What's up girlfriend," I said back.

"Now the Snow Ball is in two hours, and I need at lest forty five minutes to get you ready, plus you need to pick up El. Do you have any homework?" my mom asked.

"No, I did it during Study Hall," I answered.

"Good. That gives us a bigger time window. Alright go take a shower. You're going to smell fresh for this dance," she ordered, and so I did.
I walked up the stairs, undressed, and stepped into the shower. The hot water felt good, and I sang a little as I washed my hair with coconut shampoo and conditioner. I dried myself off, put on a bathrobe, and walked downstairs again.

I was met with sight of my mom holding a comb, hairbrush, bobby pins, a white beaded flower pin, and some light pink lip gloss.

"All right, mom's salon is open for business!" my mom exclaimed, sitting me down in a chair.

"You're really taking this seriously, aren't you?" I asked giggling at her actions.

"Yes! Now hold still!" she commanded, and I listened. I sat as still as I could as she french braided my hair, and pulled the braid into a bun. She pinned the hair at the base of my neck, and added the little white beaded flower pin.
When she showed me, I just sat there it shock. The french braid curved around my head, and the braid was so nicely done. For once in my life I felt like a pretty girl.

"Your hair looks great, but shut your eyes we need to use some hairspray to make sure it'll hold," my mom said as she sprayed my braided hair with the hairspray.

"Thanks mom. I feel pretty," I admitted hugging her.

"Well, you should because you look amazing. Even in a bathrobe, silly. Put on your dress," my mom replied. I walked upstairs to put on my blue and green floral dress.

When I put it on, I felt like I was floating. The dress was bright, and it fit me perfectly. I twirled a little, and the skirt flowed around with me. I felt really pretty wearing it, and I felt like a million dollars.