Chapter 5

Molly

As I walked, I noticed that Lucas and Dustin were taking a liking to Max. They were joking with her, so that's nice. Maybe they'll agree to her joining the party. Mike doesn't seem to like her though. He's just uneasy since El left. He's not ready to move on. I was chewing on a 3 Musketeers bar when Will started having another episode.

"Will! It's okay, it's okay baby. I'm right here," I said as I hugged him. He was crying and shaking.

"Will!" Mike yelled as he helped Will up.

"Woah, what's wrong?" Lucas asked. Mike's face contorted into one of rage.

"You guys go on ahead. Molly and I will take Will home. I was bored anyway."

"Dustin get me some chocolate okay?" I asked batting my eyes at him.

"Sure," he replied smiling. His smiled faded when I put my arm around Will, and started hugging him.

"See you later," I said walking away, keeping my best friend close. I didn't want to lose him again.

Dustin

As I walked with Max and Lucas. I couldn't help but feel like a third wheel. They were laughing, and having a good time. Molly should have stayed with us, but instead she chose to accompany Will.

Granted he had another episode, but she called him baby. She doesn't usually say that to anyone. She'll only say it when someone important to her is in pain. I've never heard her call anyone baby, except for that one time when I was sick.

~Flashback~

I was sitting up in my bed coughing my lungs out. I was about to give up all hope of anything entertaining me when Molly walked in.

"How's my sick little baby?" she cooed sitting down on a chair by my bed.

"Dying," I replied groaning.

"Well, I brought you something," she said smiling.

"Really? What?" I asked my eyes lighting up. She pulled out a book from her bag. She showed me the cover and I smiled. The Outsiders. Our favorite book.

"Are you going to read to me?" I asked secretly hoping that she would.

Instead she laughed, shook her head, gave me a little smile and said, "You're an idiot Dustin Henderson."

~End of Flashback~

That's when I learned that Molly showed her affection in different ways than the other girls. She would punch you in the arm, ruffle your hair, stick her tongue out at you, or say "You're an idiot." I loved this girl. I just wished she loved me that way too.

Molly

Will had recovered from his episode, thankfully he was okay. I was walking home when I get a call from Dustin on my walkie talkie.

"Molly, are you there? Over."

"Yeah. What's the situation? Over," I asked.

"Can you come over now? Over" Dustin questioned.

"Sure. I'm walking right now. Over and out," I said turning off my walkie talkie.

~Time Skip~

As I arrived at Dustin's house, I knocked on the door. Dustin's mom opened it wearing cat ears.

"Hello Molly sweetie. Dusty's in his room. Careful though he's acting a bit weird. I think he might be constipated again," she told me, giving me a 3 Musketeers bar. I thanked her, and walked into the house.

"Hey Curly Fry," I greeted as I walked into his room.

"Hey Molly! C'mere I want to show you something," he said beckoning me over to Yurtle's cage.

"What is it?" I asked as I peered into the cage. Inside there was a little reptilian like creature, squirming around.

"I don't know," Dustin said smiling at me.

"It looks like a polliwog of some kind," I told him.

"Yeah, that's what I thought, but reptiles are cold blooded. Meaning they like heat, but whatever this is doesn't like it," Dustin said as he shined the lamp on the tiny creature. It writhed, and screeched in pain. Dustin immediately moved the light back to its original position, and the creature stopped screeching.

"What should we call it?" I asked opening my 3 Musketeers, and placing a piece in the tank, to see if the creature would like it. It snatched it right up, and yipped happily. Dustin and I both looked at the chocolate wrapper, and smiled.

"d'Artagnan!" we say in at the same time. The creature squeaks in happiness, as if to say it likes the name.

I give it a bit more nougat, and it squeaks happily at me. The next time I place the chocolate in the tank, Dart nuzzles my finger. I smile, and Dustin laughs a little.

We cover the tank with a dark blanket so Dart can sleep. I plop on Dustin's bed, and stare at the ceiling.

"So you and Max, huh?" I asked avoiding Dustin's gaze.

"What? No. She's just a friend. Besides there's someone else," he said the last part so quietly, I could barely hear it.

"Well, I hope it works out for you," I replied, jealousy burning in my chest. I guess I shouldn't seem too surprised. I mean we're best friends, nothing more.

"Yeah. What about you and Will?" Dustin asked. There was something in his tone that set me off, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"What? Me and Will. Please. I ship Watie so hard," I said smiling at the curly haired boy in front of me.

"Watie?" Dustin questioned.

"Yeah, Watie. It's Will and Katie smashed together," I said making hand motions that matched what I was saying.

"Katie from Will's art class?" Dustin asked smiling.

"Yeah! I think they'd be so cute together!" I squealed a little from happiness. Dustin started laughing at me, so I pushed him slightly.

"You really are an idiot Dustin Henderson," I said smiling at him. But your my idiot, I thought to myself.