≽p a r t t w o

What did he do?

In the moment of realisation, he was going to be hanging out with a popular kid. Why?!

Colby hid his excitement under an emotionless mask. It shouldn't be too long..

Right ??

*time skip*

Colby stood out in front of the school, just as Sam told him to. The guy straightened his beanie, leaning against the wall. He looked out, seeing Sam with a group of three guys.

All wearing biker jackets..

His heart rate increased slightly. Who were these people? Though, he never cared to ask as they approached.

"Yo," Sam said, in a cool tone; staring at Colby. "Mr. Colby."

Colby kicked himself off the wall, acting cool and collected, "Samuel."

A chorus of snickers came from his posse. His face lit with amusement.

Colby walked up to the gang, tilting his body on one foot. The first day of school and he's already in a group of friends.

"So, Sam," a guy with hazel coloured hair spoke up, "what are we doing today?"

"Yes, Sam," another guy with chocolate coloured hair spoke up, "what are we doing?"

Sam turned to the group of three other guys. "Abandoned warehouse," was all he said.

An abandoned warehouse? That was a thing in Kansas.

The guy nodded. The blue haired guy snickered slightly. They knew something Colby did not.

Sam turned back to face Colby. "Follow behind Mr. Ace," he ordered, pointing to the glossy blue hair male.

Colby followed the order, following in behind Ace. The guy followed, staring at the ground mostly. He flickered his gaze up once he realised they were in a dense forest.

"Halt!" Sam yelled, putting his hand in front of us. "Ace.. Signal.."

Ace nodded his head, calling out his signal.

No response.

"Good," Sam murmured, continuing the walk.. After another moment, we were in front of an abandoned building, the warehouse Colby assumed.

Ace glanced at Sam. "We have an uneven amount of people, Golbach," he pointed out. "Five people."

"Yes, Ace, I am aware of this," Sam snapped. "Ace , you're going alone. I'm with Colby. Swift and Zy, you are together."

Swift and Zy looked at each other. Which is which, Colby couldn't answer. Colby glanced at Sam, fighting the urge to widen his eyes.

"Meet me back here whenever you feel satisfied." Was the closing sentence. Ace went off his way, Swift and Zy went there way, leaving Sam and Colby.

"Come, Mr. Colby," Sam beckoned him into the warehouse, slipping his hand into his pocket.

Colby followed, stepping into the dark, dense room.

"Here, take this." The blonde handed the brunette a sheath. What was in it made Colby question.

"Watch me, and whatever you do, stay quiet," Sam hissed, his footsteps quiet, almost silent even.

Colby mimicked the motion, trying his best to stay silent. His gaze scanned to Sam. He was about two feet in front of him. Something glistened in the entering sunlight. What was it? That was hard to answer. Colby narrowed his eyes, trying to see what it was.

He never got a good look. Sam jumped on a wall, running across a slanted piece of wood. The male turned three-fourths of the way around, throwing whatever it was at Colby.

It barely missed him..

The object slid past the side of the brunette's face, sticking into a wall about five feet behind them.

"D-dude!" Colby exclaimed. "What the hell!!"

Sam nonchalantly walked up to Colby, smirking slightly. "You passed the first test, Mr. Brock."

"What first test?!" Colby asked, his fear rising. "What is this!"

"Mimic what I just did," he was told, never getting an answer on what happened.

He swallowed his nervousness. Colby stood where the blonde hair male was moments prior to this.

"Imagine I am an intruder," he explained, "you have to startle me without ever drawing blood. Take the throwing knife out of its sheath now.. You have to run along the slanted wood and stick it in the wall behind me."

Sweat beat down the side of Colby's face.

"You have to act fast," Sam added. "If you see a throwing knife next to your foot, you've failed."

Sucking in a breath. Colby started in a run, jumping along the slanted wood. He turned three-fourths around, throwing the knife. Of course, Colby couldn't see where it went. The last thing he saw was the floor, grunting in pain.

"We'll work on the landing," Colby heard the murmur from Sam. "But.. Though you didn't hit the wall, you made it past me."

Colby rolled on his side, holding his hip. The landing really hurt. Squinting his eyes open, he noticed Sam was above him, offering his hand.

Reluctantly, he took his hand.

Sam pulled the male up, but they both ended on the floor of the warehouse since Colby lost his balance.

Colby opened his eyes to be in the arms of Sam, blushing insanely hard..

Yes, Colby was banished for being a closeted gay, emo, and a survivor of suicide, being in this position scared him to death.

But oddly, the brunette didn't feel like leaving this position either..

Sam never moved, never uttered a word to Colby. He was in shock.

The two males stayed where they were, both too nervous to move..