≽c h a p t e r f i f t e e n

Tap , tap , tap, made the sound of Sam's foot tapping against the floor. He was extremely anxious; Colby hadn't shown up for school in days, and when he tried asking his home base teacher, he simply shook his head. It worried the blonde.

"Golbach!" The sudden call of his name snapped his daze.

"W-what?" He stuttered, trying his best to regain his cool.

"What's wrong?"

Sam stayed silent. He stared at the floor. He was truly worried.. Worried sick about Colby..

"Please, step outside with me," the teacher instructed, but it wasn't in a rude manner. It seemed caring.

He was rather refused to the idea of talking to his teacher, but Sam obeyed, standing from his desk and walking out the room..

The teacher shut the door behind them, turning to talk to the male. "What's wrong?"

Sam didn't open his mouth, he stared at the floor, too worried.

"Golbach," he repeated, "what's wrong?"

"It's... Colby," he admitted quietly, "Im truly worried about him.. I.. I know what he's been through, and not having insight on my ..." he trailed off, cutting his sentence before he admitted that the brunette was his boyfriend to his math teacher..

"Too worried.," he murmured, "Stay here." His heart rate picked up. What was his teacher doing?

Moments later, the male came out with his belongings. "You're going home," he announced, "Go check on Colby.. Go check on your..." The teacher chuckled in a cheerful way, "your boyfriend, Sam.."

Sam was rather surprised that Mr. Storling knew. Hesitantly, he gripped his belongings, nodding his thanks. The blonde rushed to his locker, opening it. He threw his stuff in, slamming the locker shut happily. Sam then glanced to his left, seeing the lonely locker of Colby's. The blonde glanced around; he knew the combination, but ... Would he actually open it?

He answered his own question when he put in the combination. Fell out was a folded up paper with the word;

Mr. Brock

I unfolded the note. It seemed to be anonymous, probably from someone who wants to break us up..

Salutations, Mr. Brock.
It's come to my awareness that you and Sam Golbach are dating, correct?
(btw, totally fucking adorable) But I've come to bear terrible news. Recently, I saw Ace and Sam in the abandoned warehouse taking in drugs. Are you sure you want to date a drug addict ? Are you sure he's right for you?
Think about it..

Sam's shocked expression was enough. Though they complimented the relationship, they were still going to tell Colby about his drug addiction.

Fused with anger, he slammed the locker shut, ripping up the note. The blonde started walking to the front, throwing the ripped up note into the trash. He then walked out of the glass doors, taking in the breeze of the air.

It seemed to be a calming day. Nothing was wrong. Sam started walked down the sidewalk, the pathway to the brunette's house. After a few minutes of walking, the sky dimmed. It wasn't going to rain- it was clear as day outside- but the setting changed. It grew... Eerie..

Sam grew worried. He glanced around at the sudden darkness. There wasn't an eclipse, no storm. What is it then? He thought, continuing to walk.

A red streak sliced the sky, the colour of blood. It washed over the blonde, causing a red hue over him.

This time, he started speed walking. He was terrified now. This doesn't just happen on a normal day ! Sam sped walked up to Colby's house, where the blonde could've swore he was dreaming..

But it was all real life?

The streak grew wider, almost an entire spread. Sam closed his eyes, not wanting to see it. He ducked into a small circle, his knees bending to support him. He murmured the words, "It's not real life, it's your mind," repeatedly.

He opened his eyes. The entire world around him had taken a red hue. Sam couldn't take it. He knocked on the door rather violently to Colby's grandmother.

"Sam," she said, taken aback, "why are you here?"

"I came to check on Colby," he replied, his voice shaking. Even the house had a red hue in it. What is happening? He thought, panic settling in.

"Come in," she nodded after a moment, "he's in his room."

Sam nodded, rushing to Colby's door. The hue grew stronger in his eyes, everything red around him, even his own physique. He knocked on the door. No response. He knocked again. No response.

Sam huffed in a breath. He gripped the red-hued knob, pulling it to the right. He swung open the door.

The hue went away, but Sam was greeted with a greater surprise..