≽c h a p t e r s i x t e e n

It wasn't a sight he wanted to see. If anything, he wished he could unsee it, but it's been done..

Laying in front of Sam was Colby. Sick to the core. Blood on his bedsheets from god knows where. Tears threatened to spill from Sam's eyes. He didn't know how to feel. He hesitated stepping into the room, but alas he didn't anyways.

Sam covered his mouth as tears spilled down his face. Though Colby was alive, he was shocked at his many attempts. Pill bottles everywhere, blades everywhere. This sickening the blonde. He walked closer to the bed, seeing that the brunette was fast asleep. He swept his bangs out of his face.

"He's still beautiful," Sam whispered, struggling to stop his tears, "and I'm no longer leaving his side."

How ever long it took, he would wait. Sam would wait for Colby to wake up, even if it took days.. Weeks..

In actuality, it didn't take long..

After about five minutes of the blonde sitting on his bed, Colby started to stir awake. He was in that state. That hazy state.

"Sam.." The noise made Sam jumped, glancing at Colby. Tears welled in his eyes again.

"Y-you're alive," he murmured, his voice full of pain. "I-i'm so happy!" The blonde jumped on the brunette, embedding him in a hug.

"Why are you here?"

"I got worried. I.. I didn't know what happened.. The school sent me home to you.." The tears streamed down his face faster. Sam sat up, stretching out an arm to help up Colby.

Reluctantly, the brunette took his hand, letting Sam lift him up, "But why are you worried about me? You don't have to."

It's almost as if a knife sliced through his heart. Though Sam was strong. He acted like it didn't hurt, "Because I know your record. I know your suicidal thoughts, and.. I don't want you hurt." He gripped his hand, lifting it up to reveal the dozens of scars.

Colby flinched back at the new scars. The recent ones from a few days and... The ones from today..

Sam gave up on trying to not show his emotions. He cared for the brunette, and that means helping him in anyway, "Colby," he choked out, "w-why?"

Now tears streamed down the brunette's face. He pulled away his hand, hiding his wrist.

The blonde was trying to breath, but after crying for so long, his throat started to close up. Instead of talking, he pulled Colby into a hug, where he felt the tears of the brunette spill into his shirt. Sam wrapped his arms around him, placing his right hand on Colby's head.

"Don't blame yourself for whatever happened," he whispered into the brunette's ear, "it's not your fault.."

Colby stayed silent. He didn't want to speak. He stayed in Sam's arms, where he felt safe.

Sam gently pushed his head back, angling his head to where it was facing the blonde's.

"You're still beautiful," he whispered, drawing him closer to his face. Soon enough, the two's lips touch, closing the gap between them.

It was a long, tender kiss. The two didn't want to break it. The two's lips parted slightly just to meet again.

Sam pulled him closer, protectively. No one was going to hurt him. Not anymore.

Colby wrapped his arms around the blonde, holding him tightly. He didn't want to lose Sam..

And Sam didn't want to lose him.

Pulling back, he stared into the male's blue gaze. It was a rather beautiful gaze.

"No one is going to hurt you," Sam whispered, promisingly, "I will always be here with you. Even through your toughest time. I won't leave."

Colby smiled softly, "You promise?"

"Promise.."