≽p a r t e i g h t e e n

Sam sat in his band class. He's been there since the morning. His classes didn't need him today, he had Colby finish his assignments, and the brunette didn't seem to mind. For he was also in the band room with Sam.

The blonde's attention was on Colby. He has been staring at him for the past hour, studying now he acts, how different he may seem. He knew the brunette was going through difficult times, and he wanted to be there for him, but Sam seemed to be pushed out. His blue eyes stared at Colby as he was reading a book. He seemed to be glued to the pages, studying every word and truly absorbing them. Finally the tension was overwhelming, Sam stood up from his location, walking over to the other male. He placed a finger on the pages.

"What are you reading?" Inquired the  blonde, hoping to make a conversation.

Colby placed his fingers in his book, revealing the cover. Glass Sword read the title. Sam nodded, though never have read it before.

"It's an interesting book series," the brunette replied, his tone very flat. He seemed emotionless, which alarmed the blonde.

He's not here mentally, he became aware, he's struggling with depression and suicide, but won't talk to me.

Sam sat next to Colby, taking the book. He slipped a bookmark to where he was in the book. Yes, the brunette protested, but eventually gave in.

"Colby," he began, concernedly, placing a hand on his leg, "what's wrong? And don't lie to me either."

He seemed reluctant to talk. Colby stared at his sleeves. He recently started wearing jackets again. Sam knew why, but he was defenceless to help. The blonde was pushed out.

"Colby.. Talk to me."

More silence. Not a word came out.

Though that didn't stop Sam. He pressed on, "Im here for you, you know? I'm always there for you. No matter what." Still not a reply. "Colby, please talk to me."

That's when he snapped.

"Maybe I don't want to talk!" Colby snapped, pulling away from Sam. "Maybe I don't want to admit my feelings! You know damn well what's wrong, and you're not doing anything!"

Anger fused in Sam's mind, "I am trying to help! Yet you keep pushing me out! You think I'm not terrified? I am! I'm terrified I'm going to lose you! Lose you to the depression and suicide you're going through!" Anger quickly turned to sadness. "I don't want to lose you..." His voice filled with sadness. "I don't..."

The brunette's anger died down as well. He sighed, "I'm sorry.."

Sam sniffed, pulling Colby into a hug. "You can't push me away," he whispered, his voice wrapped in pain, "I want to help, but you push me away.."

"I'm sorry-" he never finished his sentence. The blonde cut him off.

"Don't apologise," he cooed, "I am here for you.. That's all that matters." Sam lifted the brunette's chin, for he was
sinking into his chest, to be looking at him. "Don't forget that." He pulled him closer to where their lips were inches apart.

Yes, they were alone. Yes, the door was shut and locked to where it can only be opened up the inside, but of course, they were hesitant. What if a teacher walked in? The principal? Their band teacher?

The tension built between the two. Sam inhaled sharply, exhaled softly. He could tell Colby was nervous and as well as considerate. He stared at the blonde's lips, debating.

The tension built till it was too much to handle. Sam pulled him forward until their lips touch. He wrapped his arms around Colby's neck while the brunette slowly trusted him enough to return the kiss. He wrapped his arms around Sam's waist.

His hands were hot, even through the fabric of the blonde's shirt. The two didn't move, not a single muscle. They were scared.

I am not losing him, Sam thought, pulling Colby closer in protection, i'm not losing him..

Maybe if he told himself that, he would start to believe it. Slowly, he believed himself. Sam had the mentality that he wasn't ever going to lose Colby. Ever.

Colby pulled back, staring the blonde in his blue eyes. "Will you come over this weekend?" He inquired. "It is our fall break after Friday."

Fall break, an entire week of possibly not being able to see Colby, but yes, he accepted the invitation to his house.

"Of course, love.."