≽p a r t t w e n t y - t w o

Beep.....

An everlasting beep sounded in Colby's ear. Was this it? Was he plunged in the darkness he was embedded in?

Beep......

The beep lasted forever. He didn't know if it was a ringing in his ear, or if he was alive for one.

He glanced around the darkness. Nothing.. For miles. Colby tried moving his hands, but it was no use. He didn't know what was happening.

Creak, a loud creak of the door sounded. Tap was a pen on a clipboard.

"Mr. Brock," a deep sound murmured, footsteps indicating they were approaching, "your heart monitor is still on, you're still breathing and alive.. Though in a temporary sleep paralysis.." 

Sleep paralysis? This didn't seem like sleep paralysis.. If anything, it seemed like he was in a coma. But not??

"Doctor," a feminine voice sounded in, "Someone is where to see Colby.. In fact, they've been here for hours, anxiously waiting.."

"Send them in," the doctor said, his footsteps sounding less heavy and more faint as he exited the room.

A new pair of footsteps sounded in the room. They were soft, maybe light.

"Oh god," a sad murmur came from someone. Though sounding familiar, Colby couldn't put a single memory to it.

"He's still alive," the voice said, half to theirselves. "Thank the lord."

The brunette tried to move again, but light, caring hands stopped him.

"No, no," the voice cooed, "don't move, Colby. Please.."

Colby soon enough relaxed. Though he still couldn't recognise the voice.

"I wish I was there for you," the sadness in the voice made him, Colby, sad. "I failed as a caring boyfriend. I should've been there for you, through this dark time.." A sniffle came from the voice. "Instead.. I wasn't.. I... I'm so sorry, Colby.. I know you're alive, but I don't even know if you can here me.."

After the monologue, the voice finally had an owner..

Sam..

"And, if you can hear me, I will be back.. I must leave soon enough," Sam's voice was now laced with sadness, "I will be here all weekend.. It's Thursday now, but tomorrow.. Right after school, I will be here."

A warm hand pressed against the brunette's cold hand.

"I won't leave you anymore.. I'm here with you always."

Sam... The thought wasn't able to be spoken, I love you, okay...

The creak of the door sounded in the room, a heavy footstep stepping in. "Alright, Sam," an unrecognisable voice said, "lets go."

Colby didn't know what happen. All he heard was footsteps out the door and the door closing, and he was embedded in darkness and silence once more..

**

Sam walked down the hallway, staring at his feet. He blamed himself for Colby killing himself.. Sam still couldn't believe it.

"Sam," a male voice said.

"Yes, Swift," he shot his head up, looking at his friend.

"It's not your fault," Swift assured, "You couldn't do anything.. He was too deep into depression."

Sam knew it was his fault, but he nodded anyways, amusing his friend, "Yeah... Whatever..."

His friend tilted his head, "We'll be back tomorrow, okay?"

"I know... But.. Ugh.."

A reassuring hand was placed on the blonde's shoulder, "You must be strong for him, okay?"

Sam nodded. Swift nodded back, turning around and walking off.

Following behind, he put on his best face. Despite his boyfriend almost killing himself, he still was his bad guy self.

Nothing could change that...