≽p a r t t e n

Sam sat in the corner of the band room, his legs propped up on the table, eyes closed, hands balancing his head. He hummed along to a song, one stuck in his head. He opened one eye to see Colby sitting across the room.

"Hey," the blonde caught his attention, beckoning him over, "come sit over here; you seem lonely."

Colby glanced around, standing up to walk over to Sam. The blonde kicked his feet off the table, sitting in a normal position as his blue eyes followed Colby to a seat diagonal to him.

"Why did you call me over?" Inquired the brunette.

Shit, he thought, "You just seemed lonely, that's all.." Saved it.. Can't let him know that I like him..

"Okay.."

Silence fell in the room. Sam glanced down at the floor, trying to think of a conversation starter..

Luckily, Colby spoke up, "So.. What are your interests?"

"Interests.." The blonde glanced off into space, trying to think. "Interests... Well.. Obvious as you can tell, I love music and video games.. Along with adventures into abandoned places.. Sometimes art... Just usual stuff. Why?"

"Just a conversation starter," he replied, tugging at his sleeves.

Sam's blue eyes glanced down to Colby's hands. They were tugging at the sleeves. He's covering his scars, he thought, sneaking a glance at the brunette, but he doesn't know he's beautiful with them.. They make him .. Him..

Without reaction, Sam's hand laid on top of Colby's.

Colby glanced up at Sam, making eye contact. The blonde lifted his hands, tugging down the sleeves, revealing the somewhat healing scars.

"W-what are you doing?" He asked, stuttering.

"Don't be scared," the blonde whispered, turning over his wrists. He raised his voice to a normal voice, saying, "don't be afraid to show these."

"But-"

"Shh.. Listen. You're beautiful with them. They shape you; they are a indication that you survived. You lived, and you're seemingly happier. These make you who you are." Sam sucked in a breath, debating whether or not to say the last sentence.

"But... They make me feel worthless.. A shell of someone who should've killed himself a long time ago.." Colby's eyes glistened with sadness, staring at the other guy.

"But you're not worthless," he argued, "you're amazing, someone I am glad I met. Im glad you're still alive; you are a survivor, and that's what this school needs. You are you, Colby. Don't forget that." Sam closed his lips, forming a straight line.

Tears dripped down the brunette's face. I just made him cry, he thought, his heart starting to hurt, I hope I didn't hurt him.. I hope he's happy..

Colby wiped away the tears, silent. He didn't have much to say after Sam's encouraging words. He, instead, lifted his wrists, staring at the scars.

"I'm a survivor," he whispered, barely audible for the blonde to hear, "someone needs me.."

That someone is me.. The other guy smiled softly. "You're important to someone." Sam gripped Colby's hands in his. "Many people, actually."

This time, tears swelled in Sam's eyes. He was happy to see the brunette happy again.

"I'm important to someone," he repeated after the blonde.

"Many people.."

"Many people.."

Sam drew him into a hug, whispering, "One of them is me.."