Back to Hell (School)

(Mark's POV) 

Christmas break was over and we were back in school, or hell, as I like to call it. I just sat in my class, thinking about next period. I was supposed to start my cheerleading stuff this week while Jack watched. He had PE when I was supposed to do it, so. 
They started with cheers, in which I caught up quickly. I did a few flips and stuff, but ended it with a double flip. Most of the cheerleaders were very impressed, including Marzia. 

"You catch up quick," Marzia smiled, walking up to me. 
"Thanks," I replied. 

 I looked and saw Jack smiling. That must mean I did well. But, I got back to the cheers until this period was over. Then, Jack and I headed to art, like always.
Today and for the next two weeks, we were supposed draw and color in a portrait of someone else. Of course, Jack and I agreed that we'd pick each other. Marzia and Felix picked each other as well. 

"Jack?" the teacher asked. "Who are you drawing?" 
"Mark," he replied. 
"And Mark?" 
"Jack." 

I saw Felix and Marzia smiling. They chose each other, and once the class chose, we got started. I did quite a bit, getting most of the face done. I was doing a lot of detail, so. Jack got a little done, drawing my face outline and starting to do detail. Good enough for now... 

"We have two weeks to do this," I told him. 
"Oh! We do," he asked. "I wasn't listenin' when she said somethin'." 
"Yeah, 'cause you're always on your phone or talking to Felix." 
"Touche." 

Once we got home, I started drawing him again. I was making sure to get details just right. Now, this continues for the next few days.
We decided I'd get a week to draw Jack, and he'd get a week to draw me. That way, we're not drawing each other at the same time. Movement and all... By the end of those two weeks, both of ours were done. 

"How do you think?" I asked, showing him the picture: 

"It looks really good!" he smiled. "And mine?" 

I just looked at it

I just looked at it. It was fucking amazing!

"Jack..." I began. "How did you do this?" 
"Paint," he smiled. "I see ya like it." 
"Yeah, and so will the teacher. But that is amazing!" 
"Thanks." 

Then, we went to school. We knew that we'd need to put these in the room, just in case we got messed with. I didn't want mine ruined, and I know Jack doesn't want his ruined either.
These were gonna be part of our Art 2nd semester test. Our portfolios were the test, which meant we had to do our best. So, we dropped them off and went to our classes. Later on that day, in art, our teacher complemented on our work saying it was some of the best she's seen. She actually wanted to put them out in the hall, but we advised against it. 

"Why," she asked. "They're amazing!" 
"Well, we know some... certain students who would more than likely to vandalize them." 
"What? Who?" 
"Just some people... We aren't gonna say their names, since they'll know it was us." 
"Oh... Well, how about in the classroom, until the nine weeks is over? Then, you can take them home. I'll be able to watch them then." 

We agreed to that. Then, we just rode out the rest of the day. Then, it was time to leave. Of course, we had to deal with Ace and his crew again... 

"Stay tha' fook away from him, Ace," Jack growled. 
"Ah, so he finally told you," Ace smirked. "Looks like you have a bit of competition now, Jackaboy..." 
"It's no competition if he doesn't like ya." 
"Oh, I have my ways..." 

Then they all left. Me and Jack just looked at each other in confusion. What did Ace mean? Was he planning something? 

"Jack, I don't feel safe about that," I told him. 
"Don't worry, angel," he smiled, hugging me close. "I'll keep ya safe. I promised ya, didn't I?" 

It still didn't calm me. I felt like something was gonna happen, and soon...