03 | Dean Winchester x Reader

Sleepless Nights

Rolling over for what seemed to be the hundredth time that night, you look over at the blinking alarm clock sitting next to the unlit lamp on the bedside table. You sigh, as you quickly realize the storm that had blown over earlier that night had completely knocked out the power, leaving the stupid alarm clock flashing 12:00 am in a continuous loop. You knew just by a quick glance at the window that it was way past midnight. You guessed it to be about two or two thirty based on the way the moonlight illuminated behind the drawn curtains. And by one swift check of your phone, you were able to prove your theory.

Huffing quietly to yourself, you turn over so that you are laying on your back. As you look up at the ceiling, you watch as the fan swings around in a medium pace. The calming motion allows for a little bit of distraction until the sudden feeling of complete utter boredom fills your body again. Closing your eyes, you groan in discomfort and tiredness.

Let's just say, you've had many nights like this. Especially after a long and almost fatal hunt. Sure the job was definitely dangerous and life-threatening, but more recently you've been having a hard time focusing on just yourself. The thing was, you always hunted by yourself. You had come accustomed to only having to worry about yourself, but since you met the Winchester boys, things started to get a little more complicated.

It wasn't so much Sam than it was Dean. It's not that you didn't like Sam or enjoyed his company; no, it was the fact that you were dating Dean. It had only started a few months ago after you both confessed your feelings for each other, but things started to escalate rather quickly. Your friendship rapidly turned into liking one another and then ultimately you came to realization that you loved him. Initially, the thought of loving someone, especially in the middle of this business, was absolutely terrifying. It scared you so bad that you almost wanted to run. To jump into your 1968 Ford Mustang, drive away and never look back. Yet, no matter how much you thought about the idea, you could never bring yourself to actually do it.

So, now, instead of endless nights riding in your car and hunting things that go bump in the night, you traded in your lonely life for the warmth and comfort of the one and only Dean Winchester.

It wasn't so bad. You had someone you could cherish and laugh with. You had someone that you could sure all your stupid little jokes and quirks to, without having to worry about judgment. You had someone you could hug, hold, kiss and touch. You had someone that was all yours and nobody else's. But most importantly, you had someone you could love.

Your very own teddy bear!

You just wished that you could erase all the worry and concern that came with it. You especially wished the sleepless nights would go away too. You weren't getting enough sleep as it was and it was getting harder and harder to keep it from Dean during the daytime. You tried everything. Different positions, listening to music, and even counting sheep, but you couldn't fall asleep. You missed the warmth of Dean's body pressed closely against you and the feeling of his strong arms protectively wrapped around you.

Unfortunately, when checking in to the motel the front desk lady had recognized you both in your FBI clothes in town so when you checked in you had to get two different rooms to keep up appearances. You tried to sneak into his room after your latest hunt in town, but that little lady was loud but sneaky. So, instead, you retired to your room for some late night television and sleep, but sleep never came.

Sighing again, you finally unravel yourself from the scratchy sheets and stood up from the bed. Once to your feet, you look towards the door before groaning again.

"Screw it," you mumble to yourself making your way to the door in quick and quiet strides.

You were on a mission now. You softly open the door, your eyes slowly adjusting to the new light from the bright street lights and blinking motel sign. You walk out, with nothing but some thin fabric bottoms and an oversized white shirt that draped down your shoulders. You smile a bit, as the fresh aroma of the air just after a long rainstorm enters your lungs replacing that awful old, dirty carpet smell. As soon as your bare feet touch the cool concrete a shiver runs up your spine creating goosebumps all over your body. At first, the crisp air doesn't really bother you that much, but as soon as you hear your door shut and lock, you regret not taking your jacket with you.