16 | Lucifer x Kid!Reader

I have written and rewritten this imagine for the past month now. I really don't know why I was having such a hard time with writing this one, but I've finally finished it...

If it goes over well, I may do a part 2! (Ya'll will have to let know in the comments!)

Also, you're like ten years old in this imagine! Keep that in mind!

Please enjoy! 😊

*-*

What Dwells In The Dark, Lies In The Basement

The bunker was deadly silent as you lingered in the darkness of the hallways. You had no permanent destination, nor were you very adamant on finding one. You just let your feet guide you too wherever they led next, entirely trapped in an exhausted haze. For the past four hours, you have been trying everything and anything to fall back asleep. This included some of the most ridiculous home remedies that you happened to have found online, followed by an hour of getting completely lost on YouTube. After a while, you were finally able to pull yourself away from your electronics, and even happen to become successful in unwrapping yourself from Dean's strong hold.

Ironic how just a few hours ago, you were perfectly asleep. Your body all wrapped up in your favorite blanket. The low sound of classic rock music playing in your earbuds. The temperature of the room just the way you liked it. And, best of all, the fragrant smell of your lavender candle lulling you to sleep. Sadly, the peace didn't last very long. You were abruptly woken from your dreams by the sound of your oldest brother whining and thrashing in his sleep. Your rooms were right next to each other and the walls happened to be paper thin, so you were a little irritated at first.

Nightmares were never a problem with Dean. You were actually the one that suffered the most from night terrors. However, it seemed that you had to be the one to provide the comfort tonight. You made it to his room, white-faced and panicked. He sounded as if someone was killing him. Yet, as you drew closer, all of your shock and annoyance left your body, and your sisterly instincts kicked in immediately.

All it took was you singing a few songs to him and Dean was right back to sleep. You weren't really sure how you got caught in his chest, but you accepted the situation for a little while. You enjoyed the heat that he provided against the chilliness of his room, but soon you grew stiff and had to wiggle yourself free.

Now you were aimlessly roaming about the bunker, eyes wide and awake with curiosity. Yes, you've been left alone in the bunker many times before, but there were still places that you were specifically told not to enter. The basement being the number one place on the list. Though you never once wondered about what was lurking down there, that didn't mean the interest wasn't present. You just always found something better to do with your time, plus the added bonus of not wanting to get in trouble.

However, now you were stuck in a different situation. You were wide awake and utterly bored out of your mind. So the basement seemed like the perfect place to go exploring.

With this new thought placed in your head, your feet, at last, have a place to venture. You strolled lightly, trying not to make too much noise as you past Sam's and Castiel's quarters. A smile spreads across your face as you heard their light snores echoing down the hallway. In that moment, the night seemed peaceful for once. Usually, the bunker would give off a sort of creepy vibe after dark, making you hate the times your brothers would leave for a hunt during the late evening. However, tonight you managed to convince them to stay through dinner; of course, you baking a pie, being the main motivator.