25 | Castiel x Reader [Requested]

Prompt: "Have I ever told you that I can see your wings?"

Enjoy! 😊

*-*

His Wings

Silence filled the Impala as the after affects of another brutal hunt weighted heavily upon both of the sibling's shoulders. It had been a close call, one that surely made each of their hearts beat faster, the loud rhythm pounded erotically in their ears as they tried to get oxygen to their lungs. Restlessness controlled both of their breaths as they fought to stay clam under pressure and release the last bit of adrenaline that flowed through their bodies. Groaning, Dean placed his hands on the steering wheel tightening his grip to discharge his last bit of anger that was left in his body. His knuckles, bruised and bloody, turned a ghost white from the amount of sheer force he possessed within his frustration. His jaw tensed and he let out a rough breath before focusing his attention back on to his younger sibling.

He knew from the moment he looked down at her, beaten and broken in the seat next to him, that he should have never brought her along in the first place. Y/N was a good hunter, there was no denying that, but to Dean, she was something he needed to protect and staring at her now, he knew he had failed miserably.

However, the damage had been done and he knew it was no use wallowing in his mistakes, especially when he had other things to worry about. The task of forgetting would be taken care of later when they had both returned to the safety of the bunker, and the endless supply of alcohol would be provided for him in the privacy of his own room.

For now, he had to be strong for her and return her home safely.

There was a pause that held the thick atmosphere as Y/N tried to shift into a more comfortable position. Pressing down on her abdomen, she hoped to stop the blood from seeping through her clothes. The wounds put there by the monsters who had violated her was thankfully not fatal, but caused her much pain whenever she decided to move. Her whimpers echoed from time to time, causing her to bite down on her lower lip in the efforts to conceal it from her older brother, who was currently fighting to collect himself in the driver's seat.

She knew with each uneasy breath the scarring memories would emerge from the depths of his mind. He had it written all over his face. It didn't even matter how hard he tried to hide it; it was there to stay until he knew for sure that she was going to be alright. It the painful to watch. He was always so strong for her and Sam, that the look on his face now was practically foreign. He never showed his emotions, but tonight, the guilt, the regret, and the pain were poking through the holes of his mask. Within his eyes, she could see his worry. The image of almost lost her, just moments ago, replaying on loop in his chaotic brain.

He was no stranger to this feeling, it was an anomaly that happened almost daily, but tonight for some reason unknown to him, he couldn't shake the anxiety of her near-death experience. It haunted him and he knew it would continue to haunt him for the rest of his life.

Taking a deep breath, Dean starts the car and the roar of Baby's engine came to life once again with an even purr. Without hesitation, he presses down on the gas pedal hurtling off at an abnormal rate of speed. He blatantly ignores the speed limit as the car zoomed forward, wanting to put as much distance as he could between himself and the place that almost claimed his little sister.

Like always, Dean had underestimated the verity of the case and was ill prepared for the ferocity of the hunt. What was once a simple and small vampire nest turned into an all-out war, leaving wounds on both of their bodies. Y/N, unfortunately, received the extent of the torture after being quickly overpowered by the vast number of vampires that dwelled in the abandoned farmhouse.