11 | Jack Kline [Requested]

*-*

YOU WERE THE TEENAGED DAUGHTER OF A HUNTER—a brave but fallen hero

YOU WERE THE TEENAGED DAUGHTER OF A HUNTER—a brave but fallen hero. Before his untimely death, he had befriended the fabled Winchester boys after saving there lives during a vampire hunt gone bad. Unfortunately, it made him a target, and when Lucifer got word that your father knew of the brother's whereabouts, he sent demons to torture and interrogate him. When he refused to give up information, they killed him. During the following months, you were alone, hunting by yourself, before you happened to reconnect with the boys while investigating a mutual case. They took you in right after, and ever since then they had become your family. Sam and Dean were like your brothers—irritating, but lovable. Castiel was like your estranged uncle—weird, but caring. And Jack, well that little adorable Nephilim stole your heart, and it didn't matter that his father had killed yours. He wasn't like his father, and you weren't going to hold a grudge against him for something his dad did. You loved Jack and he loved you—so when his father came back he swore to protect you. Never in a million years did he ever think he would fail to keep that promise.

You were the only reader left standing during a late night research session with the boys—two of which were asleep while the other two were in the kitchen grabbing snacks. You were reading in one of the chairs, your nose stuffed in an ancient book of lore when Lucifer had appeared. You were entirely unprepared when he arrived, no weapons located on or anywhere near your person. You stood to your feet, the atmosphere of the map room completely peaceful as he examined you. He watched as your instincts finally began to kick in, your mouth opening to scream for the boys, but before your voice had a chance to be heard, he made his fatal move.

It was so fast—you didn't even feel the knife piercing through your stomach as it entered—the pain only emerging when it was steadily removed. The blade dripped droplets of crimson, making tiny marks on the floor. Your trembling hands delicately explored the wound, blood staining your fingertips a dark red. While his attack was so quick, your death was so slow. You felt your body grow drowsy, your mouth spewing an irony liquid, the blood seeping from the corners of your lips and collecting at the bottom of your chin. By the time your limp figure hit the floor, you had already lost too much blood, your body spasming as a result. The pain came next, making you whimper weakly. You were paralyzed in agony for a long time, Lucifer hovering over you as you begin to slip away. Your vision twists, turns, and ultimately blackens once your final breath releases from your lips.

Your dead—just like that.

From the kitchen, Jack's attention was pulled from the conversation he was currently having with Castiel, his ears perking up slightly. Within a second he noticed that something was wrong—everything was off about the sudden change in sound. With narrowed eyes, he glances over to Cas, wondering if he had spotted it too. The look of pure terror on the angel's face was enough to answer his question. There was a heartbeat missing. Suddenly, the only heart he could hear was his own as his began to pick up speed, beating at an abnormally high rate. Without further hesitation, he drops everything from his hands and sprints towards the map room, Castiel not that far behind him.

Jack enters the scene first, his eyes landing on you almost immediately. He sees the blood pooled around your body, your hands and mouth doused in scarlet, your figure lifeless against the floor. He knows your dead—he knew it the moment your heartbeat faded—but seeing you was a whole different level of intensity. It made it real—so real. A straggled noise escapes his lips as Castiel emerges from behind him, his eyes also landing on you. The commotion must have awakened the brothers as well, as they came stumbling into the room. Oddly enough, the first thing they notice is Lucifer. They raise their weapons getting ready to strike, but as they looked toward Castiel and Jack, they stopped.

"What's going—" Dean starts to speak, but lost all thought when he finally noticed you. "Oh my god, Y/N!"

The older brother rushes to your side, while the youngest quickly follows. Dean takes your body into his arms, repeating your name over and over, but you fail to respond each time. Sam kneels close, shock filling his expression as he realizes that your gone. Dean continues to try and wake you up until Castiel's hand collapses on his shoulder.

"She's gone," Castiel says faintly, his voice losing it's strength.

From beside him, Sam releases a few tears as he looks between his brother and the angel, staring blankly into nothing. Dean lays you back down gently, a look of pure hatred spreading across his face as his raging eyes lock on to Lucifer.

Lucifer just shrugs like it's nothing, wiping the blade off with his shirt. "I'm surprised you just left her open like that," he says nonchalantly. His light blue orbs directed their way towards Jack, meeting him in a cold stare. "I taught you to never make promises you can't keep, son."

Mocking Dean, anger captures Jack's stature. His chest puffs—holding in a scream or a cry—he wasn't exactly sure. He didn't know what to do, but one thing he knew for sure was he could easily kill his father for what he had done. Swallowing back his emotions, he took a deep breath looking back at you. His eyes soften and a tear finally releasing.

"Oh come on Jack, she was only human. I mean look how easy it was for me to kill her. She was weak and she would have ruined you," Lucifer stated with annoyance, "I'm your father. Together, with your powers, we could rule over all of creation."

"You're not my father," Jack stated, his voice becoming sterner as he continues, "You're a monster."

*-*