14 | Dean Winchester x Daughter!Reader [Requested]

Poll Results: Dean Winchester x Daughter!Reader

Thank you marblefloor for the inspiration!

Enjoy! ☺️

*-*

Bedtime Nightmares

Your father had always warned you about the monsters that lurked in the darkness of your bedroom, but he never mentioned the monsters that prowled behind human eyes...

You hated the nighttime. Not because of the overwhelming darkness that seemed to take over the world nor was it the fact that the bunker grew colder once the sun disappeared. No, you hated it for a much different reason. One that every five-year-old absolutely despised to hear.

The dreaded call of, "Bedtime!"

Tonight, it was your uncle Sam who uttered the bitter words. You had been playing with your toys silently in the living room, as Cas watched over you from his place on the couch. Being the sassy kid you were, you rolled your eyes at the sound of your uncle's voice. Taking in an overdramatic breath of air, you let your tiny body hit the floor going completely limp in protest. Your repetitive efforts to once again get out of going to bed made Castiel laugh a little. His full attention now on you, the book he was once reading now long forgotten on the table next to him.

Despite the horrible news, you smile up at the fine angel quickly becoming fascinated by the movement of his wings. They always seemed to jiggle when he laughed or smiled; a cite so rare that you couldn't help take advantage of the situation that was now laid out in front of you. Lazily, you lifted your arms up towards him, trapping the giggle behind your lips. He shakes his head in response, knowing he couldn't resist you. He picks you up in one fluent motion, resting you comfortably in his warm chest. Instinctively, you lay your head in the dip of his neck, clinging on to his trench coat.

Before you even begin to realize it, your eyelids start to get droopy and a soft yawn escapes your lips. Exhaustion from the long, hard day of your adventures around the bunker almost entirely knocking you out right then and there. However, you still had one more person to butter up before passing out.

You hadn't seen your dad all day, which wasn't unusual. There would be times where you wouldn't see him for days, and sometimes even weeks. During these times, you most likely had your uncle Sam or Castiel to keep you company. Others, you got to spend your time with your aunt Charlie or even your aunt Jody. But, nothing could compare to the times you spent with your dad. Times where he would just scoop you up, taking you for rides in the Impala. You would jam out to 80's rock music and get pie at an old-fashioned diner in some rusty, rundown town that nobodies ever heard of. It was far from the average daddy-daughter day, but in your small life, it was better than nothing. You didn't have a mother like other kids your age. You didn't have siblings or even close friends. But, what you did have were the good memories. Memories that would last a lifetime, even though they seemed to dwindle down with each day that passed.

You knew you were growing older and as you did, your independence practically doubled with each day, but that didn't mean you didn't need your dad anymore. In fact, today, you needed him more than ever. So, you fought off the dizziness, lifting your head from Castiel's shoulder. It was now that you noticed that you were in your room. Your pink nightlight that laid in the darkest corner spun in circles which casted bright shadows of unicorns around the room. This light mixed with the moonlight shining from your window, allowed your purple colored walls to glow. On your bedside table was a music box that once belonged to your grandmother; the only thing your mother had ever given you. You hadn't spotted it before, but you knew Castiel must have opened it. It was the only thing, except for your father's singing voice, that lulled you to sleep.