Leave

Sooo sorry for the lag! School caught up with us and there was no time to write. But finals are this week which means after Friday we're going to have LOTS of time. So thank you for your patience! Enjoy this long chapter, which was written by my lovely roommate (:

**********

Dear Mother,

            I apologize for not writing sooner. I’ve been busy following Frosty around during the day and rewriting our history at night. I admit, I’m quite impressed with her. She handles her kingdom with a grace and strength that I would not expect from a human. She even comes close to you Mother and you know I never say that but she is incredible. Incredible in the way she rules her country. You know that’s what I meant, right?

            Anyways, she listens to her people, which is more than I can say for Odin. Just thinking about him makes me livid. I know that there is more to this marriage arrangement but I can’t place my finger on it. Odin is up to something and I will find out why. Coming back to Frosty, she also walks through town and interacts with her people. This creates a less formal environment that makes the people more inclined to talk. It is quite ingenious. I asked her if she came up with this idea and she replied her father thought of the idea. She became quiet afterwards and didn’t talk for a space of time. I need to figure out what happened with her father and mother. I have finally bought my own clothes so I no longer wear her father’s. That had been awkward for a while.

            Her power is fascinating. She can create life with the flick of her hand. LIFE! That is more than the magic on Asgard can do. I wonder if the Frost Giant power can create life…I’ll have to research or try to. That is another frustrating aspect of this human town, none of the books I need I can obtain. I need books of spells and magic but all they have are histories or novels. This will have to change. Returning to the subject of her powers, they have a hidden power and beauty that I’m not sure she is even aware of.  I can tell she is very careful with her powers, too careful. She is afraid of them and that’s what makes them dangerous. She needs to grow comfortable with them and accept them.

            Well, the sun has officially come up and I need to go to breakfast. I’m following her again today. I am enjoying my time with her, she is a nice breath of air compared to Thor and his friends. Until next time, Mother.

            I close my journal and stand up, stretching from my desk. I tuck the journal into my sash and run my hands through my hair. Was I really enjoying my time with her? I think. Yes, I reply almost immediately. She is intelligent and well-spoken, the stark contrast to Thor. I may love Thor but he was exhausting with his booming voice and constant chatter. On the other hand, I am not tired of Frosty. In fact I’m quite the opposite. The more time I spend with her, the more I want to talk with her and be around her. That’s never happened before, I think. I wonder if I’m getting too close to her, this marriage isn’t going to last; I am going to make sure of that. Just because I am not committing to this marriage doesn’t mean I can’t talk to her, I think, right? I shake my head and make my way to the dining hall.

            I walk into an empty dining hall and look around for Elsa. Wow, she’s late, I think surprised. A servant ushers me into my usual seat and tells me the food will be out soon. I look at the clock to see if I’m early but instead, I’m late; like usual. I look out at the window and admire the scenery. It really is quite beautiful here. When the sun rises, it casts a glowing orange across the land and a pink paints the sky. There is nothing close to that on Asgard. Sunrises are a light blue and red. Thinking of Asgard reminds me of my brother and I wonder idly how he’s doing.