Queen Silence

"Make a left and we will be right on top of Rose's room," Olive whispered as we crawled carefully through the air ducts. If it weren't for the scent concealer we would have been caught by now.

"We're here."

I look through a little hole of the cealing and I can clearly see a figure laying on a chair. It was Rose.

I slid a roof tile to the side and made sure that no one else was in the room. There wasn't.

"Rose."

Her head shot up right away and I was faced with a bruised Rose staring at me in pure shock.

"Jackson, what are you doing here?"

I grabbed on the cealing and made sure to land just well enough to prevent myself from making noise. "What did they do to you?" I whispered.

How could they do this to her? Why did she let them?

Rose's gaze turned back to the cealing where I came from. "You brought Olive with you?" She glared at me.

"She wanted to come and I wasn't gonna tell her no," I argued as I heard Olive walk closer to us.

"You two do not know what you are getting into, you need to leave," she urged as she kept glancing at the door. She was worried someone was going to come in and catch us.

"We're not leaving without you."

I moved behind her and began to rip the ropes her wrist were caught in. At times like these I realize that daggers are one of the greatest things ever invented.

Rose was free from her wrist but stayed seated making no move to leave.

"Rose, what are you doing? We have to go," I grabbed her hand gently but she moved it away.

"Jackson, I can't go."

Olive and I exchanged a look of confusion. But Olive was the first to speak up.

"If this is about you being my sister or about you being Silence please do not worry about it, I know everything," she moved closer to Rose, "I know you care about me very much and it was hard for you to get used to the fact that I was actually alive but we need you back. You need to come back home."

Rose's eyes were a little red but she kept her tears at bay. "You guys don't understand. I have to stay, I don't have any other choice."

My eyebrows drew together. "Why not?"

"Robert's plan failed, he wanted to kill you before the sun came up today because if you were dead then there would be no one to advance my death after he trains Olive to become a weapon," she gave us a small smile, "I guess this is the future which Robert dies and I have to become queen of the Night Doves."

I let out a shaky breath. "Queen?"

She nodded. "Without a ruler they will be out of control, with no one to stop them or keep them in line."

Olive had a tear running down her cheek. "Does that mean you have to stay here? Forever?"

Rose didn't look her in the eye, you could see a tear also falling from her cheek. "Yes."

12/14/2017