Home

"I couldn't interfere in Robert's or your fate, if I did who knows what would have happened. The witches I hired said it was in my best interest to stay away, even though that was the last thing I wanted."

Alex had taken us away from the Night Doves territory after Pepper admitted that it was better for us to leave before they found Alex.

It's been hours since we left and I was still trying to wrap my head around everything Alex had told us since we got on the plane.

"You're trying to tell me that you knew the outcome of this the whole time?" I ask in annoyance.

Alex shifted a little on his seat that was right in front of me. "Yes, I did."

Unbelieveable.

After everything that I went through he couldn't even try once to get me out of that hell.

"I went through so much there," I hiss. "He ripped the skin off my back with his whip, and when I healed he whipped me again. He starved me, punched me, choked me until I passed out. Then you come along, as if you are some hero for coming last minute to give us a ride back to your pack."

I chuckle slightly. "You have the nerve to tell me I had to go through all that for a reason. Just so that the Night Doves will finally go down. I honestly think you just did that so your pack could be the one to take credit for its destruction."

Alex shot up from the chair. "Don't you dare say that! You think knowing that you were in danger for so many months caused me some sort of happiness? It hurt me too, knowing that you weren't here by my side."

"If it hurt you so much you would have come for me."

"It's not that easy."

I stood from my chair, ready to leave Alex and head over to the other section of the plane where Jackson and Olive were waiting.

But before heading out, I turned around to Alex, who had his back towards me. "When I envisioned my mate, they would do anything to keep me safe. I wouldn't have to fear being alone because I knew someone was going to be there with me. It pains me to admit that you have lowered my expectations of a mate by a mile."

I turned around and opened the door to the other section. Only to be faced with two eavesdropping little pups.

I closed the door behind me.

"Are you going to reject him?" Olive asked with worry.

"I don't know."

"Sure sounds like you are," Jackson interjected.

I sighed while running my hands through my curls. This was too frustrating and complicated.

However, I'm not an idiot. I know that if I am going to choose to be someone for the rest of my life it has to be someone I can trust.

Right now, I'm not to sure Alex is someone I can fully trust.

I sat down with Jackson and Olive, we were silent for the most part until Olive broke it with something that crushed my heart.

"I killed somone."

I turned to her. "What?"

She looked up at me, her eyes red but no tears have fallen yet. "When we went to go get you. I killed someone."

I looked over a Jackson briefly to see his own reaction but he didn't turn away from the window. He knew.

"How do you feel about it?" I asked gently.

"Awful...but it felt familiar, like I knew how to kill before I even did it. Is that bad?"

I shook my head. "We're born killers, it's in our blood."

Olive didn't seem to like that answer, she shifted a little in her seat.

"If you didn't kill them, they would have killed us. You had to do it. That doesn't make you a killer, it makes you someone strong because you will go to great lengths to protect those you love. Killing may be in our blood but it's up to us to choose whether we live up to that," Jackson said quietly from his seat, giving a side-eye glance to Olive.

Olive seemed less burdened but the tention was still present in her. I wanted to help but I have no clue how to comfort someone in this position.

I rest my head back on the seat. "At least Robert is gone. Rotting in hell where he belongs."

"And were finally heading home," Olive added.

"Yeah, home."

♡♡♡