twenty three

"So," Jimin observed the bracelet, again.

"How do I meet Jungkook?"

Baekhyun checked the time on his watch. "He's going to be here soon."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Baekhyun groaned as he stood up. He opened the door and Jungkook entered with a faint hug. Jungkook smiled as he saw the older sitting on his bed and fiddling with the bracelet.

"Hi Jimin." Jungkook greeted as he sat down and placed his palm on Jimin's thigh.

Jimin smiled as he felt butterflies flying within his body. This feeling was familiar to himself, yet, it didn't feel common.

"I see that you have been wearing the bracelet that I gave you." Jungkook commented with a smile.

"I love it so much." The older replied.

"I love this so much." He wowed as he pulled the younger into a bear hug.

"You promise that you'll wear it every day?" Jungkook whispers, calmly.

"I promise."

"Guys!" Seongwoo stormed into the room. Three guys turned their head around to see a weirdo standing in their door frame.

"How about you speak?" Baekhyun replied, sarcastically.

"Oh, right."

"Professor Jung mentioned about the Christmas ball."

Baekhyun's eyes widened. "The one, me and you began to plan in November?!"

"The same one."

Baekhyun stood up and ran up to Seongwoo. The two roommates began to jump up and down due to excitement.

"Do they always do that?" Jungkook asked Jimin.

"All the time." Jimin replied.

The two friends separated. They both looked at the remaining pair.

Jungkook shook his head. "Oh no-"

"Awh, c'mon!" Baekhyun begged.

"I love Christmas!" Jimin exclaimed. Jungkook chuckled within a smile.

"He's so cute." The youngest muttered to himself.

Jungkook drops the call and puts the phone in his blazer pocket. He waves a goodbye to Jimin and exits the house.

Jimin looks through the window as he sees the younger rushing home.

"He's so cute."

-

As the time flew by, Jimin's memory slowly began to appear again. Small events would be triggered by a phrase or an action.

Jimin's therapist said that he should note a record of the memories he would remember, and that's what Jimin was doing almost every night.

He'd sometimes write a word or two, however, sometimes he'd write paragraphs and paragraphs of a single memory. It made Jimin happy as he was reading it through each morning.

Jimin slowly opened his eyes and saw nothing but pitch darkness. It was still early in the morning and the sun wouldn't be up by eight in the morning.

He flicked the desk lamp on and grabbed his diary which had leather cover on it. It was a gift from his father when Jimin got discharged.

Jimin opened the diary, where his pen was, and read what he wrote last night.

Today I remembered:

The time when I first met Baekhyun and how he used to always take care of me.
The time when I found out he's adopted into a rich family and his step-brother is Park Chanyeol, who is the heir of  PW.
•The time when I was asked if Jungkook can call me hyung.

Jimin smiled at the last sentence. He can know remember that moment clearly and it made him brightly smile for no reason.

"How old are you?" He questions. Jimin softly smiles, more like, he grins at the younger.

"I'm 17." Jimin answers. "Why?"

Jungkook blankly stared at Jimin, not realising he was daydreaming.

"Oh, I, uh, was wondering if I am allowed to call you hyung." Jungkook nervously offers. Jimin confusingly looks at him but then grins the second after.

"I'm not sure we're that close that you can call me hyung," Jimin refuses, making the younger look down in embarrassment. "But, sure, call me hyung."

He wished he could replay that memory over and over again.

-

epilogue is next;;