Hold onto me

The song for this chapter is "Unsteady" by X Ambassadors

CHAPTER 30 - HOLD ONTO ME 

SERENE'S POV

"Pleaaaase!" I begged for the third time. "Please, please, please! You need to come! You're the only one that can stop him!"

Silvia blinked her eyes, as if she didn't understand a word of what I said. Gosh, what have I been saying until now? It's as if she were in a totally different dimension. Tess says she's been like this all week. "Stop him from what? It can't be that bad ..."

Sigh. "You know Jakey ... he basically sees me as an asexual being that has no needs nor romantic feelings whatsoever. If I said I want to be a spinster for life and live with him and his wife, he'd probably be happy about it."

She laughed, but there's nothing to laugh about here. I've delayed this freaking dinner so many times now, I can't anymore, but I dread it, oh, I so dread it! And Colin too is worried. Well, he's more ... resigned. He's simply resigned to his fate.

He says, "Whatever happens, there's nothing that'll spare me at least a punch in the face from your brother, and I'm ready for it. It's not like he's never punched me before." Let alone this stupid fact about those two having already come to blows a couple of times, he may have resigned to his fate, but I haven't.

I don't wanna have to stand there watching while my brother beats up my boyfriend, thank you very much. Been there, done that. Jakey punched more than a few guys for me, not to mention what happened with Dave Murray ... I don't even wanna think about it.

The point is, I don't wanna stand there watching as they quarrel, that's why I thought I'd bring in the hot shot ... but she seems always in a daze lately. I bet it was already enough that I was able to drag her to have coffee with me this morning. "Sissy, please ..." I begged. "You're the only one that can help!"

She gave me a dirty look, predictably, I bet because of the nickname. Well, at least she's waking up. As far as I know, she's spent this past week huddled to my brother, but I'm not sure in what way. I mean, Tess says they were always together, having hush-hush talks in the office, and every time she proposed to go out, both always had other things to do. It turns out, they spent their nights at her place, officially just 'talking'.

Normally I would be as happy as can be for them, but I doubt it's the reason we'd all hope. Fun fact: all of us are rooting for Jakey and Silvia to get together. Tess and I certainly do. Colin says Silvia would do awesomely good to Jakey. Trey and Paul say my brother is definitely more cheerful after he's spent time with her.

I suppose the only trouble is ... Ryan. I don't know him much, I've only seen him a couple of times this week, but he seems nice. It's a pity that he'll have to be the one to wind up brokenhearted. I mean, I like him, but ... well, I'm sorry, but my brother needs Silvia. Badly. She does wonders to his mood.

"What should I do?" Silvia wondered, confused. Confused, really? I just spent the past ten minutes explaining to her that I need her to come to dinner tonight because I'm 'introducing' my boyfriend to my brother, yet now she is confused!

"I just told you!" I didn't mean to yell, but all this situation is driving me insane. I keep on delaying, and I know it's only making it worse. The more we delay, the madder Jakey will get. If there's one thing my brother hates, is being lied to. He hates lies. Our relationship bases off utter honesty, yet I've been lying to him for months.

Gosh, he'll get so mad, so, so damn mad! That's why I need Silvia. "I need you to ... calm him down. Possibly keep him from beating up Colin ..."

"Oh, come on, it can't be that bad ..."