Italians and their obsession about soccer

This is crappy, oh so crappy, basically a filler ... sorry 

CHAPTER 73

SILVIA

"I'm Silvia." I introduced myself, hoping not to have sounded too perky or too invasive. It's complicated around here, to be in a new place that is actually old, so people know you but you don't know them, yet when you think you know them you don't because you actually never talked or if you met they incidentally hate you. Like ... that Hillary.

I wonder what is it with these women. First the doctor, now Hillary, and consequently her friends. What the heck have I done to be hated? Then again, Joe says the doctor probably holds it against me because of her ex. The problem is, I have no idea whatsoever who her ex is and when did I date him. Could it be Ryan? Maybe he dated her after me, but then left her because ... I don't know, for some reason he left her, so she blames it on me? Or maybe he dated her before me, and I was the reason why he left her. Ugh! It's so confusing!

The point however is, I'd like to make new friends. It's not that I don't like the ones apparently I had before, as few as they are, it's just that ... it's frustrating to stand there while they talk to you, convinced you know full well what they're rambling about, but you have no idea. And I know, it's my fault, I preferred to keep the whole amnesia drama within a strict circle, so other than Tess, her boyfriend, and my neighbor, plus my parents and Ryan, nobody else knows. Aside from the medical staff, of course, which includes Joe.

So because, outside the hospital, basically only 5 people, 6 including Lulu, my neighbor's cute daughter, know about the amnesia, I would like to make new friends. Start anew. Meet someone in this new life, other than try to remember. That brings me to the bold introduction I just did, to someone that is, let me say, the most gorgeous man I've ever seen. I mean, Holy Guacamole! Wow!

You must be wondering how can I have time to think to myself if I just met someone new. Well, he didn't seem any keen on talking. He just ... stood there, interdicted, as if I were a ghost or something. "And ... you are?" I asked after 2 entire minutes of silence. We had the time to go from the 17th to 25th floor and he didn't speak a word. Though I should have probably mentioned I was going down, now I'm bound to go all the way from the thirtieth floor to the ground one. Sigh.

"Uh ... you okay?" I insisted, because on top of being as silent as a fish, he also looked petrified. He seemed seriously frightened yet anxious yet troubled at the same time. The weird thing is, I felt some sort of knot in my stomach, but I'll blame it on the awful food Tess had me eat at lunch. We went to this disgusting deli, I wonder how come it even has clients, the food is seriously inedible. Tess justified it saying we didn't have much time, that place was the closest to the publishing house, and she needed to go back to work soon ... I say she didn't want to miss her boyfriend too much. She seems really in love.

"Hey ..." I called, brushing the guy's shoulder. Hadn't I ever. He startled, as if I'd just shot him. "Sorry." Okay, rule number one, Silvia. Making friends in an elevator is not possible unless you wanna look like a psycho stalker. Got it.

So I shrugged, and stepped back against the opposite side of the wall, deciding to fill my time by checking my phone. You know what's funny? I know what social networks are, but aside from Facebook, which I rarely used anyways, I have no other account. I must have been quite the paranoid cookie in my past life. I wonder why. And I wonder whether that has to do with that notorious trauma my brain stubbornly keeps on protecting me from.

When we got to the 27th floor, two women stepped in. As much as I they noticed the gorgeous vision standing there like a twig, but he didn't even pay attention to her. Actually, there I realized, he was still staring at me. Oh, wait ... did we know each other? Did I make the most horrible gaffe by introducing to someone I already knew? Damnit, I've done that 5 times this week already! It's so annoying. Maybe he got offended because of that. Then again, he thought I was someone he didn't want to see. Could it be that I was mistaken and he was indeed talking about me?