Drama wrapped up in drama

Sometimes I think it's going where it should, other times I feel like I'm just delaying the end because I got too attached to Jake...

Either way, here's another slow update. I'd be very grateful if you left a feedback of some sort.

BOOK 4

CHAPTER 7 - DRAMA WRAPPED UP IN DRAMA

JAKE

"I saw you in the visiting room today."

I didn't care to reply. In this prison perps are as talkative as ever. In Rikers, you couldn't dare say one word, or you may find yourself stabbed in the showers. Here, everyone's curious about the new fish.

Okay, maybe I did get famous when, first things first, I attacked a guard or two, and wound up in solitary on my first week here. You know how criminals are, so gossipy.

In my defense, the guy was one of those that target the weaker ones. Funny how he thought I would be one. I wonder what is it about me that makes people think they can easily mess with me. Is it the blonde hair? Do I look like a dumb blonde?

Or maybe it's the money. Like I said, criminals are gossipy, it's easy to get the word around that the new fish is loaded. Apparently, perps tend to think that if you're rich, you can't be a sociopath. Well, news flesh, fellas, I am. I've got a pretty high body count that can vouch for that.

"She's cute." My cellmate claimed, clearly not getting the hint my lack of response was to send.

"She's none of your business." I spat, staring at the ceiling. I don't know whether it's because I'm used to a tougher prison, but this one looks relatively calm. Stabbings and fights aside, of course. I got here in a messy period, chain of command was changing, so people got murdered and beaten up quite a lot. But now it's everything more peaceful, even the war between Block C and Block D seems to have come to a truce.

"Uh ... raw nerve, huh?" My cellmate laughed. "I get it ... bitches be crazy. I hear she sent you here."

"I sent myself here." I replied in a sharp tone. "And I would take back that bitches, if I were you."

"Come on, you don't hate her one bit? She's the reason why you're here, after all."

I rolled my eyes beneath my arms. God, I miss Rikers. "Like I said, I sent myself here. And I'm gonna ask nicely only one more time: drop the subject."

"But you do hold it against her for something, don't you? I saw how you treated her. Say, did she cheat on you? I bet she did. She looks like the kind of bitch that likes it double."

Ok, that's it. I leaped to my feet, tired of his blabbermouth, and before he could say one more word, I slammed him against the wall, and wrapped a hand around his neck. "I thought I'd told you to drop the subject." I hissed, tightening my grip. "Now I'm bound to break at least a limb or two. Protecting my girl's honor and all that, you know the drill."

"You think you scare me?" He smirked. "You're just some posh kid that wound up in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Told you, it's the blonde hair. I tightened my grip around his neck enough for him to start changing color as I pressed him against the wall. "You just don't have the slightest fucking idea who you're talking to, pal." I couldn't help laughing. "What is it with you punks? What, do I have to tattoo a swastika on my arm to be taken seriously? I mean, is it the blonde hair?"

He didn't answer, actually, he was having a few troubles breathing. Oh, right. I untightened my grip, so that he could finally speak. Needless to say he coughed, taking all the air he could get. Predictable. This prison is boring, I gotta admit. At least in Rikers you find the occasional mob boss, here it's full of low level punks that mostly got caught breaking and entering. The bigger thugs are drug lords, plus one or two murderers.