The flimsiest hope

I think I've found a way to fill the plot holes, so as soon as I have more time on my hands, updates might be faster and more frequent ... yay lol

Now, one thing. fenia87 kindly nominated this story for Best Chicklit at The Fiction Awards. As you may know, these awards are base on readers' votes, so ... if I'm Here to Fix You may ever get a chance to win (it never will, I know), that would be only thanks to YOU. If you feel like it's worth it, then please, vote. I've never entered a contest (except one that wasn't even concluded and the Wattys), but ... it can't hurt, can it? They do say, you never know if you never try after all.

Also sharing the story would help. Not for the contest, but in general. To be honest, I never do these things, but I often receive messages from readers that merely share their favorite author's story, even though it has like, a gazillion reads, so at this point why not? We're over 25k over here, let's make some noise lol

Hey, beware, I'm not telling you to hassle other readers by sharing the story to them, I know how annoying that is, just...if you know someone that might be interested, let them know, maybe share to your social media, if there's a quote you particularly like, Wattpad allows you to take it and share it wherever you want (like Instagram for instance) That's all :)

Ah... if you wish to support the author, aka me myself and I (hi there!), you can always click on the Inkitt link in my profile (from web, not app). It would really, really, really help. And I mean literally, concretely help.

Now I'll leave you to the chapter. Sorry if I put this here, but I've found that readers almost never read author's notes at the end.

CHAPTER 62 - THE FLIMSIEST HOPE

"What about England?" I asked.

She laughed, sitting down, mug filled with tea in her hands. Ever since she got pregnant she became obsessed with tea for some reason. "England is terribly warm in July."

"Ok, then ... Germany?"

"Why are you so obsessed with Europe?" She laughed, her beautiful, cheerful laugh, the one she has when she's carefree. I tried to see whether she was faking it, but either she's too much of a good pretender or I'm just ... a lovesick idiot that can't even tell what's real from what's a dream.

"I'm not, am I?" I made room for her to come snuggle up to me. For some reason I felt eager to have her close. Even a few inches apart seemed miles to me.

She grinned, cozily huddling against me. "Have you noticed that, you've named pretty much only European countries except for one?"

TV may have been on, but we didn't even care to look. I know I didn't. I can't see anything when she's here. And I know it's immature, but the more I gaped at her tonight, the more I felt like ... she was slipping away. As if her every word set her farther and farther, as if, even though I was cuddling her, she was in a whole different world. I felt my heart thumping faster, as if it were running against time to stop her, keep her from leaving, yet ... I couldn't. Odd, isn't it?

"Have I?" I smirked, placing a kiss on her temple. We were discussing our summer holidays, it should be a getaway because we get swamped in the parenting world. "I guess I like the idea of spending a whole month in Europe with you."

"Bootlicker." She stuck out her tongue to me, and we both laughed. God, is she beautiful when she laughs. How come she does it so rarely? I keep trying to make her laugh, yet it's never enough. Or maybe it's just me, I'm just never enough satisfied. Am I really making her happy? Or could I do more?

"No, I'm just a poor uncouth American that wants to learn more about the Old Continent ..." I laughed, yet it seemed so distant for a sound. "What's wrong about that?"