14; breakfast with larry

Regardless of the events that had occurred yesterday, Connor still had plans with assisting Evan with his math at three. It was now nine in the morning, Connor's eyes fighting to fall back asleep as he ate breakfast with his family for the first time in a while. His eyelids fluttered open and closed, picking at his food simultaneously. He had bags under his eyes due to him thinking about different things that were just far too complicated. Him and his sister's relationship, his undiagnosed depression and bipolar disorder, and those damned feelings for his friend.
     "Any reason as to why you're up so early? You usually sleep through most of the morning." Larry commented plainly, taking a swig of his bland black coffee. He just wanted to initiate conversation with his son, whom he was deeply concerned for. The whole entire broken family was. Cynthia set down a plate quietly with her fresh omelette served on it. She scooted her creaky chair in. Connor took a minimal bite of his burnt toast.
     "Just going over to my friend's. He needs help with Algebra." Larry raised a brow, giving his wife a questioning look. "And yes, I do have a friend." He claimed seriously, reading his father's look.
     "I'm just surprised.. you aren't the best with people." Larry replied, not thinking before opening his mouth.
     "Thanks." Connor said coldly. His brows furrowed slightly.
     "I didn't mean it like that, Connor. I'm glad you're..." Connor had already sent his empty plate in the sinky as Larry's words trailed off. He wasn't in the mood for Larry. Especially this early in the morning. He was already having a war with the desperate need for rest, he didn't need one at the table.
     "Bye. I'll be back around five or six." Connor announced, slinging his message bag around his shoulder with haste, even though there was no rush needed.
     "Connor, it's only ten thirty.." Cynthia fell silent as Connor slammed the door behind him not minding her words. The scrawny teen strode down the street, hands placed in his pockets as always. As he neared closer and closer to the Hansen's, he started to pay closer attention to his surroundings. He also began to nervously fiddle with his hoodie strings, realizing how evident it was that he had smoked recently. His whole jacket reeked of marijuana. He only hoped the Hansen's wouldn't notice or mind. Evan's house was only a block or so from his house.

     Meanwhile Evan was hurriedly organizing his room. He stuffed his letters into his desk drawer, then padded down the stairs. His mother was waiting down there. Heidi acknowledged his rushed state.
     "Why are you in such a hurry, honey?" Heidi questioned, seated at the table occupied with some paperwork. Evan stopped in his tracks.
     "Oh.. someone's coming over. They're coming at three.. but um." Evan explained. "I forgot to tell you.." he mumbled. Heidi only nodded.
     "Don't worry, honey. You have plenty of time. No need to stress, okay? I'm proud of you. I can't wait to meet your new friend!" Evan was about to reply, but right on cue the doorbell sounded. He froze in place.
    // uh oh the boy has arrived