15; tutor

Connor waited patiently as he heard small, panicked whispers. He could barely make out the words. He only heard a phrase or two from Evan's mother, something along the lines of 'everything will be okay'. Connor shouldn't have shown up out of the blue. But he wasn't used to hanging out with friends. Connor tapped his foot, slightly getting impatient, until out popped a blonde haired woman who wore a small smile to welcome Connor.
     "Oh, you must be Evan's friend! He's still getting ready, but you may come in awhile. Make yourself at home." Heidi gestured for him to step inside, and he did so.
     "Thank you, Mrs. Hansen." Connor's curious eyes wandered all over the living room and kitchen that were connected. It was much smaller than the Murphy's, but it was adequate for Evan and Heidi to live in unlike Connor's family, who was much bigger. His eyes settled on a picture of who he assumed was Evan when he was younger. The photograph captured a young boy smiling. He couldn't have been older than six or so. Connor snickered slightly at the face he gave to whoever captured the photo, his eyes crossed and his tongue sticking out goofily.
     "That's Evan when he was five. Isn't he the cutest?" Heidi smiled widely. Connor's face heated up at being caught looking at the pictures. She had caught Connor off guard.
      "Yeah.." Connor returned a timid smirk, before Evan came tumbling down the stairs.
     "Hey, Mom.. what are you two looking at?" He strolled over, and just as he feared, Heidi was now showing off her collection of Evan as a toddler. Evan turned red out of embarrassment.
     "Oh, and here he is when he rode his bike for the first time!" Heidi nearly squealed. Connor chuckled along.
     "Mom! Don't show him that!" Evan nearly yelled. Connor snickered, standing next to the flustered boy.
     "Alright, alright. Thanks for showing me, Mrs. Hansen. But I gotta help Evan with his math." Connor claimed.
     "I almost forgot. Sorry, boys. If you need a snack or anything, I'll be down here." Heidi watched as Evan led Connor up the wooden staircase. Evan opened the door for Connor to step in, and Connor glanced around the interior of Evan's room. There was a small desk and bed, a shelf, and a smaller closet in the corner. The room wasn't so spacious, but it didn't' matter to either boy. Evan sat himself on the bed, and took out the math homework that was assigned for the two. Connor and Evan shared various classes, including math. Connor plopped down next to him.
     "Nice room." Connor commented. Evan nodded.
     "Thanks.." he replied. Connor glanced over, not knowing how exactly to tutor Evan. But it was worth a shot. After all, they were friends. And Evan needed the extra assistance.

     "You have to follow the rule, Hansen." Connor commented as Evan finished the last question. They had now been working for around an hour now. Connor noticed just how focused Evan was, and felt himself heat up at just how long he was gazing at the shorter boy. Evan set the paper aside, not noticing the action.
     "Thanks for helping me with my m-math, Connor." Evan smiled, acknowledging Connor had spent his whole afternoon just to help Evan with his homework. Connor returned the gesture.
     "No problem." Connor answered, "It's what friends are for." Connor stood in the door's frame. "I'll see you Monday, Hansen." Connor added. Evan waved, and in a flash Connor was padding back to his own house. He didn't know his feelings were that bad for Evan. No matter what, he found himself distracted while helping Evan with the homework. He admired his features and his eyes and how he just wanted to run a hand through his cute ruffled hair and — Jesus christ. Connor grumbled. He didn't have a crush since kindergarten, and he hated this unfamiliar feeling. He needed to get rid of it somehow. And no way in hell was he confessing to Evan anytime soon. Or in any life at all, actually. He couldn't mess up his only chance at having a friend that gives half a shit. In elementary he only had the type of friends who labeled themselves as your friends, when they talked behind your back and hung out without you, and when they let you tag along, it was only out of pity, and forgot you existed. Connor assumed that if he believed these feelings didn't exist, they would go away eventually... right? He hoped so.