5 ↠ the robbery

|Chloe|

Josh: Good night beautiful. Don't leave me.

I put down my phone and roll over. I close my eyes and drift into a deep sleep.

•••

I wake up to a loud noise downstairs. Then, I hear a scream.

"Oh no..." I think to myself.

Chapter 5

|Chloe|

I hear noises downstairs, then a scream. I assume the worst.

Little Clara comes into my room with a pink nose and tears streaming down her face.

"Mommy says to hide in the basement. We're being robbed," Clara says softly.

I try to remain calm, but I began to panic.

"There's the door and the secret stairs in my closet. Come on. We have to hurry!" I say strictly. I need to make sure she knows that I am in charge, and that this is serious.

I lock the door to my bedroom, just in case, then make my way inside my closet. I feel around the floor until I find the door.

"Found it!" I say excitedly.

I try to pull it open but it's locked. My stomach flip flops.

"What's wrong?" Clara asks, seeing my worried face.

"It's locked," I saw slowly.

Suddenly, I remember. The key on my bed stand. I always thought it was a spare key for my diary, but it never worked.

"Clara, I think I know where the key is." I say, "It's on my bed stand so I have to go out of the closet. Stay here and stay safe."

I quietly open the closet door and look around my room. I dart to my bed stand to grab the key. It's not there!

I start to freak out, but realize there is something cold touching my foot. I look down and see the key on the floor. I breathe out a sigh of relief.

Just then, there's a pounding on my bedroom door.

A/N: Ooo cliffhanger. I think you probably already noticed this, but if you didn't I am going to be replacing "Chloe's POV" with "|Chloe|" from now on. I also might be switch point of view in the middle of a chapter to switch things up a bit.