25 ↠ new friends

|Chloe|

"If you insist," he says jokingly.

She gives him the death glare, so he says, "I said thanks."

"Well isn't that nice, you guys would make a cute couple," she says sarcastically.

I automatically blush, and Josh gives me a questioning look.

I sigh. This is going to be a long year.

Chapter 25

|Chloe|

When I get back to our dorm at 11:30, Maddie is already there lying on her bed, with her face to the wall.

"Hey Mads! How was your first class?" I ask her.

She rolls over and smiles when she realizes it's me.

"Great. What about you?" Maddie asks me.

"Ehh... Okay. But Josh is in my class," I say.

"J-Josh Hyland?" she asks biting her lip.

Oops. I probably shouldn't have brought up Josh. Did she not know he was here? Probably not.

"Uhh... Yeah. Did you not know he was here?" I ask, smiling to lighten the mood.

"Um, no. But it's okay, since I know now. Did you guys talk?" Maddie questions.

She smiles, but I can tell it's half fake.

"A bit," I say honestly.

"Oh. Well I met a guy name Jacob. He's very sweet, and his mom works here," she says proudly.

I wonder if I'll have his mom as a teacher for one of my classes this year.

Finally it hits me. Mrs. Briggs. Jacob Briggs. Jacob, my ex from Florida.

"J-Jacob Briggs?" I stutter.

She looks surprised.

"Yeah. You know him?" Maddie asks.

"Uhh... No," I lie.

I decide it's better not to tell her about my relationship with Jacob.

"How'd you know his name?" Maddie asks, obviously sensing that I'm lying.

"I just guessed since my teacher for first period had the last name Briggs," I lie smoothly, adding a smile at the end, to make it seem more realistic.

"Oh, okay," she says as she pops up from her bed.

"I don't have another class until 12:00, so I'm going to go visit Jacob," Maddie says, walking towards the door.

"You're going to visit him?" I ask suddenly.

She turns around and raises one eyebrow.

"You got a problem?" she asks sassily.

I laugh, and she does too. I guess we're friends again.

"Nope! Have fun!" I say waving goodbye.

"See you later, Chlo!" Maddie says, blowing me a kiss.

Once she's gone, I flop down onto my bed.

Do I really want my best friend having a relationship with my ex?

A/N: Thanks so much for 10k reads! Also, you probably realized but I'm going to start adding the end of the chapter before it at the beginning of the next chapter, so you don't forget what just happened. I also added it to the previous chapters. 20 votes and 15 comments for more!