21 ↠ college set up

|Josh|

I recently applied to Harvard college, but I didn't really expect to get in, since I wasn't anything special. I mean, in high school I ended up trying really hard, and getting mostly A's, but I didn't have any special talents.

I grab the letter from my mom and read it quickly.

"This is so exciting!" I shout.

"I am so proud of you, Joshua."

My mom never calls me by my full name.

Chapter 21

|Chloe|

•a month later•

"Yeah Mom I'm on my way," I say into my iPhone.

"I'll meet you at your dorm," she tells me.

"Okay, see you then," I respond.

Today is when I get to set up my dorm and get to know some of the other students. I wanted to drive on my own, so I'm bringing half of my stuff in my car and the other half is in my mom's car and she is meeting me there.

•••

"Ugh, where is she?" I say to myself, as I stand outside the door to my dorm.

"Chloe!" I hear my mom call.

"Mom!" I shout back, excited to see her.

It was a long drive here, so I haven't seen her in a day.

I give her a hug, then walk back to her car with her to unload more of my stuff. I have already unloaded the stuff from my car and decorated my room with it.

After I've finished decorating my room and making it feel like home with the stuff from my mom's car, I decide to look around.

"Okay Chloe, I'm going to head home. I'm going to miss you so much!" my mom says as she starts crying.

"Aww don't cry! I'll miss you too," I say, wiping away her tears.

School starts in a few days, so the students are allowed to stay at Harvard, instead of going back home.

"Chloe!" I hear a young voice call.

When I turn around I realize it is my younger sister, who is now eleven.

"Clara?" I ask in confusion.

I didn't know she was coming.

"Surprise!" I hear a deep, fatherly voice say from behind me.

"Dad!" I yell, giving my dad a big hug when I realize it is him.

"We decided to come to wish you good luck at college!" Clara explains.

"That's so sweet. I love you guys so much!" I say.

I pick Clara up and spin her around.

"I'm going to miss you so much Clara Bear," I genuinely say.

"I'm going to miss you too!" she says, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"We are going to go home now with Mom, but we want you to be safe and have a fun time at college," my dad says, before coming over to give me a goodbye hug.

"Goodbye guys! I'll miss you!" I say, before walking in the opposite direction to meet new friends.

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated in five days! For me that's a long time. Since it's summer, I'm on vacation so I'm pretty busy, but I'll still try to update often. 15 votes and comments for more.