24 ↠ the first class

|Chloe|

I put my ear back up against the door to hear what they were saying.

"Just because I invited Chloe to come over doesn't mean I'm not friends with Maddie anymore. Maddie is my best friend and she likes you, so you have to like her!" Paige screamed at him.

"I don't like Maddie and I never will!" Josh yelled back at her.

I had heard enough. I ran back to my seat at the counter. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be happy that Josh liked me, or to be mad at Paige for trying to get Josh to not like me.

•end of flashback•

Chapter 24

|Chloe|

Finally, it's the first day of classes.

I have my first class at 9:00 A.M.

"Which class do you have first?" Maddie asks.

I check my schedule, then answer, "math."

"Oh, I have chemistry," she responds sadly.

I can tell she wants me in her first class, so she has someone to talk to.

"Well, I'll see you after class," I say with a smile, hoping to make her feel better.

I walk out of our dorm and downstairs to the freshman math class. I walk inside without hesitation to avoid remembering about my first day in Florida.

I take my seat in the back next to a tall girl with blonde hair. There's an empty seat next to me, so I'm hoping someone nice will sit there.

"Hello," I say to the girl next to me.

"Hi! I'm Keara, Keara Sweeney," she says with a friendly smile.

I smile back and say, "I'm Chloe Lukasiak."

"I can tell we are going to be great friends," she says excitedly.

I can't tell if she's just overly nice, or if she's being sarcastic. I hope she's not being sarcastic.

"Alright class, let's begin," Mrs. Briggs, my teacher, states at exactly 9:00.

She seems like she is going to be a very strict teacher.

Briggs seems like a familiar last name, but I can't remember why. Do I know someone with the last name Briggs? I don't think so.

Just then a young man walks into the room. When I realize it's Josh Hyland, I almost gasp out loud. Why is he taking math? I thought he hated math.

"Sorry I'm late, I overslept," Josh says.

"You must be pretty brave, if you're walking into my class late," Mrs. Briggs says firmly.

I can see Josh holding his breath.

I gather up all my strength and stand up.

"He said he overslept, and that's that. There's an empty seat next to me, so he can sit here and you can start class," I say strongly.

Mrs. Briggs takes a look at the class list, with all of our names and pictures on it.

"Well then, Josh, that's right I know your name now, you can go sit next to Miss Chloe in the back. I'm sure I won't be forgetting either of your names," she says sternly.

Josh gulps, then walks back to the seat next to me and sits down.

"Thanks," he whispers to me.

Before I can respond, Mrs. Briggs says, "Josh, would you like to share with the class what you just said to Chloe."

"If you insist," he says jokingly.

She gives him the death glare, so he says, "I said thanks."

"Well isn't that nice, you guys would make a cute couple," she says sarcastically.

I automatically blush, and Josh gives me a questioning look.

I sigh. This is going to be a long year.

A/N: Yay! Another update. Sorry this was short. If anything at college isn't what it's actually like, I apologize, since I have no experience with college. 20 votes and 15 comments for more!