15 ↠ cheater

|Josh|

I pull away. She looks at me nervously.

"What was that for?" I ask, slightly angry.

She looks embarrassed and looks down.

"Josh, I love you. I have always been jealous of Chloe and now that she's gone, I can finally have you," she says still looking down.

I don't know what I'm thinking but I say, "I love you too Maddie."

Chapter 15
|Josh|

My mind is telling me not to like Maddie, but my heart has different feelings.

She looks up and gives me a slight smile. I smile back and we start to walk.

We decide to ignore the awkwardness and talk about random things.

About halfway through the walk, I reach over and grab her hand. She seems surprised, but grips back.

A couple minutes later I see the school. I let go of her hand and look her in the eye.

"Maddie, no one can know about what happened. Chloe can't find out and I don't want the entire school finding out," I state.

"I won't tell anyone," she promises.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Meet me in the janitor's closet at lunch," I say.

"Okay," she replies

I start to run, then say "I'll see you at lunch."

She winks and then I continue running the rest of the way.

•••

After fourth period, I head to lunch.

In the hallway, I see Maddie head into the janitors closet. I almost forgot.

I walk slowly and go around the gym, so it doesn't seem obvious that we are meeting up.

When no one is looking, I slip inside the closet.

|Kendall|

I walk back to the table with my lunch.

"Where were you in math?" Nia asks.

"I had an orthodontist appointment," I state, pointing at my newly tightened braces.

"Oh right! I forgot," she says, smacking herself lightly on her forehead.

Since I can't eat any other part of my lunch without my teeth hurting, I grab my chocolate milk.

When I'm opening it, it slips out of my hands and hits the ground.

Splat.

"Ugh," I groan.

"I think there's a mop in the janitor's closet. I can go get it for you," Nia suggests.

"It's okay, I'll go get it," I say.

I put the carton back on the table, then go to find the janitor's closet.

I find it and swing the door open.

When I see what's inside, my eyes bulge and my jaw drops open.

A/N: Cliffhanger! I think you all know what she saw, but you don't know what's going to happen. 7 votes and 4 comments for more.