18 ↠ friendzoned

|Chloe|

"Do you want to come over to my house after school?" I asked Paige and Maddie, flashing them a quick smile.

"Umm... No thanks," Maddie said, then looked over at Paige and giggled.

My smile quickly faded as I turned away and went to play by myself at recess, but I could've sworn I saw Paige give me an apologetic smile before I left.

•end of flashback•

Ever since that day, Paige and I still talk now and then, but Maddie and I never spoke again. That's why it broke my heart to know that Josh cheated on me with Maddie.

Chapter 18
|Chloe|

I look back at my phone and text Josh.

Chloe: Maybe it would be best if we stay just friends.

I'm pretty sure I just friend zoned him.

Josh: Yeah, that's probably best.
Chloe: So that's it. We aren't dating anymore?

This all seems kind of sudden. I mean I'm only 15, I didn't really think I was going to grow up and marry him.

Josh: I guess, but we should stay friends.
Chloe: Bye.

I add a period at the end so he knows I'm mad. I'm not really mad though. I'm kind of sad actually.

I decide to go to sleep, even though it's only 8:30. I hope I feel better in the morning.

|Josh|

After I break up with Chloe, I know I have to tell Maddie.

I text Maddie.

Josh: Hey Mads.
Maddie: Hey Josh!
Josh: Will you go out with me?

I nervously tap my foot when she doesn't respond.

A moment later, she responds.

Maddie: What about Chloe?

I probably should've told her that I broke up with Chloe before I tried to ask out Maddie.

"Oops," I quietly say to myself.

Josh: I broke up with her.
Maddie: Then of course I will be your girlfriend.

•••

|Chloe|

The next morning I wake up and put on skinny jeans and a loose fitted pink shirt.

I quickly toast a bagel, then pack my lunch.

"Bye Mom!" I yell as I slip on my perfectly white vans.

Jacob had asked me if I wanted to walk to school with him last night and I agreed.

I quickly walk down the street, until I see his house.

I've been to his house a lot in the past week. Spending time with Jacob is one of my favorite things to do.

I wait outside until Jacob comes.

"Hello beautiful!" he says smiling.

I smile back at him.

After we've been walking for a minute, he turns to head down a gravel path.

"Aren't we supposed to keep going straight?" I ask.

"We're taking the scenic route," he says with a wink.

Another minute passes and we appear in a sunny spot in the forest. There are leaves all over the ground and the sun is reflecting off of them.

"Wow, this place is beautiful," I say.

I turn around and see Jacob staring into my eyes. I feel a connection.

"Chloe Lukasiak, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks.

"Yes."

A/N: Sorry for not updating in a while. I had a bunch of projects I had to finish before school got out and then I got sick. Just to let you know, I'm going to start skipping years so I can write about Chloe's whole life. 10 votes and comments for more.