8 ↠ accepting changes

|Chloe|

Josh: I'll miss you so much!

Chloe: I'll miss you too.

•••

Three days later, my mom walks into my room.

"I know you don't want to talk, but we found a house," she announces.

Chapter 8

|Chloe|

My mom leaves my room, so it's just me on my bed now. I should probably follow her to see what my new house is going to look like. I debate it for a bit, then decide that I should follow her.

"Wait!" I say, hoping she hears me from the hall.

"Yes Chlo?" Mom asks, obviously excited to hear me talking to her again.

"I want to see the house," I say.

She smiles, then says, "Follow me."

I follow her into the computer room, where there is a picture of our new house on the computer screen.

Surprisingly, it actually looks like a good house. I can tell from the outside that it is sunny and there are two palm trees in the front.

"I'll let you look at the rest of the house," Mom says.

"Wait! Which room is mine?" I ask.

"The one with the purple walls," she responds, walking out of the room.

I look through the rest of the rooms until I find mine. It is huge! It has purple walls and a window seat that you can see the ocean from.

There's also a bathroom connected to my room that connects to another room, which I assume is Clara's. Clara will probably come into my room a lot at night because of this.

In the backyard there's a hammock hanging from two palm trees. There's a gate that you can open to walk down to the beach. Our new home is perfect.

Even though I'm going to miss my friends, I know I'm going to love our new house.

•••

The next morning, my alarm goes off at 6:00 A.M. to What Makes You Beautiful. I yawn, but get up anyways.

I'm feeling lazy, so I put on some sweats and a sweatshirt. I eat cereal from breakfast then slip on my vans.

"Bye Mom! I'm going to school!" I yell up the stairs.

"Bye sweetie! I'll see you when you get home," she calls back.

I run out the door and wait for the bus.

•••

At lunch, I sit with Kendall, my best friend.

"Kendall, I have some news for you," I say.

"What's the news?" she asks.

"I'm moving," I reply.

"What? Why? Why now? It's the beginning of the school year!" she starts spitting questions at me.

"We keep getting robbed and my parents think moving is the best option," I say to the ground, not able to look in her eyes.

"When are you moving," Kendall asks.

I look up, then respond, "In a week."

A/N: This chapter took awhile to write because I wrote the whole thing, then forgot to save so I had to retype it. Make sure to vote and comment!