19 ↠ breakups

|Chloe|

Another minute passes and we appear in a sunny spot in the forest. There are leaves all over the ground and the sun is reflecting off of them.

"Wow, this place is beautiful," I say.

I turn around and see Jacob staring into my eyes. I feel a connection.

"Chloe Lukasiak, will you be my girlfriend?" he asks.

"Yes."

Chapter 19

|Chloe|

•1 year later•

In the past year, a lot has happened.

At the beginning, Jacob and I were the cutest couple. Everyone shipped us and I truly loved him. I thought we were going to grow up and get married.

Recently, we have been disagreeing a lot. I want to watch The Fault In Our Stars and he doesn't. Or I like popcorn and he doesn't. Little things like that have been tearing us apart.

We don't have the same connection anymore.

Thinking about everything between us, I realize I want to end our relationship. I'm just not sure how.

I don't want to be the rude girl who just texts him and says "it's over", but I don't exactly want to do it face-to-face either. I know I have to do the right thing and tell him in person.

I decide to text him, so we can meet up and I can break the news to him.

Chloe: Hey!

Jacob: Hi.

I can tell he's in a bad mood already. I begin to get nervous.

Chloe: Can you meet me at the park?

Jacob: Why?

I'm not sure if I should tell him now, or make him wait. I decide to make him wait.

Chloe: It's important.

Jacob: Alright.

I stand up and smooth out my skirt. If I'm going to break up with him, I at least have to look good.

"I'm going on a walk!" I lie to my mom.

"Alright be home soon," my mom responds.

I'll tell her later that I broke up with Jacob. She really likes Jacob, so I don't want to tell her now.

At the park, I sit at the end of the slide and wait for Jacob.

"Hey," Jacob says softly, when he arrives.

I look up and see him smile slightly and sit down next to me.

I don't know how to break up with him so I simply say, "We've been fighting a lot."

He bites his lip and says, "I know."

I take a deep breath then say, "Maybe we should just be friends."

An awkward silence follows what I say.

"Sure," he responds.

"I should probably go," I say quietly.

"Bye."

I walk away from the park and back to my house. When I look back, I swear I see a tear roll down his cheek. Jacob never cries.

|Josh|

I want Chloe back.

Maddie and I broke up about a month after we started dating. I knew it wouldn't last, so I don't even know why I ditched Chloe.

I was too embarrassed to tell Chloe that we broke up, since I cheated on her. She probably doesn't want me back. She has a boyfriend now.

We still talk a lot though, and we are very close friends. I just wish she still felt the same way about me, as I do about her.

|Chloe|

I want Josh back.

It probably sounds stupid after what he did to me and he probably doesn't want me back. He also has a girlfriend.

I wish I could tell him that I was single again, but that would be too embarrassing. What if he realized that I was hinting that I wanted to be taken by him, but he didn't like me anymore?

I just wish we had never broken up.

A/N: Yay! Another update! I really enjoyed writing this chapter. I'm not sure why. 10 votes and comments for more!