Scarlet

(Unknown POV) (Though if you have been here for the whole ride you should know who I'm talking about)

  The diner was slightly crowded due to the morning buzz. All the regulars chatting up the waitress' as the waitress' giggled.

There was an elderly couple sitting at a booth holding hands. Ugh I hate love. Let alone long lasting love. I loved someone once and everything I had was taken from me because of my love, so I haven't felt love for anything or anyone since then. I had to learn that love will only hurt you.

   Not like anyone's happiness here will matter in a few minutes. The crimson puddle has washed off my hands and I've been itching to get more.

  Maybe this will be on the news later today. "30 killed in freak homicide where all victims had their hearts carved out." Yes I think I like that title. Maybe I should put it into motion. Oh wait I already have.

As I leave the diner I turn back to what once was the elderly couple. Though they had their hearts carved out they were still smiling. In fact everyone was smiling, my blood started to boil.

"Even in death, they are happy."I mutter bitterly to myself shoving open the door.

I walked through LA streets. Cars honking every chance they get. People practically running everywhere. Celebrities in hiding, however I notice a few of my best customers among the famous. Pretty good to be famous up here and down there don't you think?

  Suddenly I'm pulled into an alley way, where a knife is held up to my neck. I huff and easily flip my attacker over my shoulder pinning them down.

"You're sloppy, remember to never hold back." I reprimand my mole.

I sent them a long time ago to LA. Whether they went immediately or waited until I got free is a mystery, that I will soon find out.

"How's that piece of my soul coming along?" I ask them boredely.

"Coming alone nicely. Getting them angry is helping a lot. Should've never doubted you. By this time next month your power should be restored." He answered looking over the tops of his sunglasses.

"We'll get to it then, I haven't got forever." I tell him and he scurries off. I see a flash out of the corner of my eye and smirk.

Maybe the end is coming faster after all.

Well that is the end of that short chapter. Comment who you think is the mole. What are your nationalities? Always wanted to know.

Stay Cool!!
Hiccup Out!!