Erythraean

( Quinn's POV)

    Everyone left in the room slowly starts to filter out except for Lorelai who is still somewhat keeping me up on my feet.

  Uncle Lucius pats my shoulder as he leaves the room with my  dad.

" Come on sweetie let's get you up to bed so you can rest." Mom says looping her arm around me and planting a quick kiss on my forehead. Mom doesn't usually show tons of affection, her being like Grandad, but when she does she becomes extremely overprotective, kinda like a mother bear.

Lorelai and Mom help walk me upstairs even though I was feeling perfectly fine. Yet again, I did just almost fall on my face walking up these cursed stairs so maybe I shouldn't talk.

  I plop onto my bed once we get into my room and Mom sits next to me. She strokes my head making me instantly drowsy. ( If someone rubs my head in real life, watch out I might fall asleep on you)

Lorelai excuses herself from the room looking suddenly drained and tired. She seems to be like that a lot lately. It's starting to worry me. We shared a womb for nine months so we can instantly tell when something is off about the other. Twin power! Yay!

" Alright honey I will be right back. I'll go make you something to help get the rest of your energy back." Mom says getting up and closing the bedroom door.

I rest my eyes for just a second when I hear my closet door creak loudly. My eyes snap open and I see it's open a crack. I uneasily get out of  bed grabbing my alarm clock from the nightstand. It might not provide good protection but hey, whatever made my door open should be hella confused when they see me defending myself with an alarm clock so maybe that will give me some time to run.

I slowly open the door ready to destroy the door opener only to come face to face with ....nothing. Absolutely nothing.

  I let out a sigh of relief. I glance over and see the window slightly open. On further inspection I realize that there is a draft coming in through the open window. I groan. Guess I got myself worked up over nothing.

I return to the sanctuary of my bed.  Suddenly I realize that I wasn't in my room besides the morning today and no one else was in my room so how could a window that was closed magically open?

I get my answer when I feel a cold hand tightly grasp my neck cuting off my oxygen.

I jerk around trying to get the hand off my neck but the person whose hand was wrapped around my throat doesn't seem to be letting up any moment.

My eyes travel upwards from the person's hand to their face and I swear my heart stops for a moment before beating rapidly.

  I am met with a pair of pitch black eyes. A smirk crosses their face and they flip their raven black hair.

" Hey Quinny. You seem at a lost for words. I guess me being around does make people lose their  breath." He smirks before  taking his hand away from my throat causing me to cough forcing oxygen back into my lungs. He tsks. " Fragile, stupid, humans, one simple thing and they start to die from it."

" Thorin what are you- how did you-" I am at a total loss of words as I stare up at the demon. I'm to scared to be able to move a single inch.

  He grins wickedly.

" How did I find you? Simple I sent my little minion to track you down, get close to you, anda follow your every move. It was only a matter of time before he found out where you lived. That reminds me that I need to thank Theo for leading me right to you." My jaw drops.

" Theo?" I sputter in disbelief.

He puts on a look of fake shock.

" Oh you didn't know. You see Theo works for me, gathering any and all information I can't retain myself. You must feel so betrayed. How does it feel? Doesn't feel good does it? Now you know how I've been feeling ever since your fucking family threw me to the wolves!" His voice gets louder and louder as he speaks. He takes a deep breath regaining his calm composure.

" But you have another question don't you Quinny? What am I doing here? Simple to take back what is mine. Unfortunately I can't take it  because you're not corrupt enough yet. You haven't done anything real evil besides scare an entire group of people shitless. Oh wait that was me just messing around. Believe it or not but that is just a party trick. I was using practically a ounce of my power. But just think how powerful I'll be when I am at full strength." He seems to sigh with evil delight.

" But first we need you to do some horrible things. So I can take that pretty soul piece of mine from you. Can't do it unless you've done some horrifying things. Your goodness"- He seems to shudder- blocks me from downright taking it."

" And why do you think I will just bend so easily and do whatever you say?" I sass. Big mistake.

" Because you have a family and it would be a damn shame to see them all brutally murdered right in front of you. Wouldn't want that to happen now would we?" I shake my head. " Glad that we agree."

Great now I have to do whatever this psycho tells me to do.

He frowns suddenly and grabs my neck.

" Watch it boy I can read minds and I don't appreciate being called just a psycho. If you called me a fucking psycho then I would know I'm doing my job right." He says forcing my chin up to meet his eyes letting out a smirk.

" What do I have to do." He raises a brow.

" Submissive already? This could be fun actually. Well first Quinny I need you to not tell anyone about this conversation or any future conversation we may have or your family will slowly start disappearing." I nod not daring to say a word.

" Well it was fun talking to you but I really need to go. Got some business to handle. I'll be in touch though." He winks crossing his arms and completely disappearing.

I hear my door creak open and my mom comes into the room with a plate of food in her hands.

" Everything alright?" She asks. I want to tell her but just as I'm about Thorin appears behind her making the throat slitting symbol.

I nod.

" Yeah everything is fine you just startled me is all." I cringe at how easily the lie slips out. Thorin grins disappearing once again.

" Well okay I'll leave you alone to get some rest. Eat what I made you, or I will have to force it down your throat. Love you sweetie!" She practically chirps giving me a hug and a kiss on the head before leaving the room.

I groan burying my head in my hands. What do I do now?

*ducks from incoming objects being thrown at me* Is this really necessary? * ducks again*

Alright well I'm going to go into hiding again. Hopefully I will be able to show my face again and not be put in the Witness Protection Program.

Stay Cool!!!
Hiccup out!!!