Chapter 7

Mckenzee:
I walked into my Physics class and took the seat in the back next to Jeremiah.

He smiled. "Good morning babe."

I yawned as I took my books out. "Good morning."

"Are you okay? You look stressed."

"I'm just tired. I didn't sleep very well."

"Aaw why not?"

I couldn't tell him it was 'cause I was up thinking about how I was going to have to leave him for Abel so I lied.

"I just been thinking about what I'm doing after graduation, that's all."

I yawned and laid my head on the desk as everybody else shuffled into the room. The bell finally rung and Ms.Johnson's chipper ass voice started to blare through the classroom.

"Good morning class!"

Everyone said in unison. "Good morning."

"So for today I'm gonna need everybody to pair up with their lab partners.

I sighed heavily as I gathered my things then sluggishly moved across the classroom to sit next to Abel.

"You okay?" He asked as he studied my face.

"Yeah, I'm just tired."

"Why? Were you up thinking of me?"

I rolled my eyes. "No. I-"

Ms.Johnson cut me off as she started to speak.

"Alright class, today I will be assigning you all a project." She said as she walked around the room, handing out packets. "The project must be that of high school level or beyond and clearly show your understanding of chemistry, biology, or physics."

A girl rose her hand and Ms.Johnson called on her.

"Do we have to work alone?"

"No, you will be working with your lab partners."

I turned my head to look at Jay and saw that he was clearly pissed.

"So, this project isn't due until after Christmas break which means you have the rest of this month, all of November, December and the beginning of January. That is plently of time so there is no way any of you won't finish this."

She talked about the project a little bit more and I laid my head down on the desk not really listening.

Eventually she started the lesson and I was so tired that I didn't even care. I saw that Abel was taking notes so I'd just steal his later.

I didn't even realize I was staring at him until he looked down at me and stared me straight in the eyes, making my heart skip a beat.

I hated looking Abel in the eyes, I always felt so

I hated looking Abel in the eyes, I always felt so...intimidated when I did.

"What're you staring at?"