Chapter 34

Mckenzee:
"It's prom niiiiight!"  Melody yelled as she ran out of the building, towards the senior parking lot. "I'm ready!"

I laughed as I trailed behind her and followed her to her car that was parked next to mine.

"We're getting ready at my parents house, right?" I asked as I sat on the hood of my car. "Abel, Lamar and the guys are getting ready at the apartment."

"Yeah, that's cool."

"Alright, I'm sure my mom is gonna have a ball helping us get ready.

We waited a few more minutes and finally saw Abel and Lamar strolling through the parking lot.

"Can y'all hurry it up?! Me and Kenzee need time to get ready!" Mel shouted as they approached us. "We don't get to slap on a suit and be done like you guys."

"Sorry, sorry." They both laughed and I could tell they were already high.

"Y'all just couldn't wait, huh?"

"Nope." Abel said then kissed my forehead. "What time are we picking you guys up tonight?"

I answered. "Six forty-five."

"At your parent's house right?"

"Yup."

He nodded. "I can't wait to see you in your dress later."

"You act like you haven't seen it already."

"I've seen it but I haven't seen you in it." He kissed my lips. "And you know what else I wanna see?"

"What?"

"I wanna see you out of it and on top-"

He was interrupted by Lamar and Melody making fake gagging noises.

"Get a room!"

"Oh, we will later."

I rolled my eyes at him. "We gotta go so we can start getting ready."

"Alright, see you later baby."

I gave him another kiss then Mel and I got into my car, while Lamar and Abel got into hers.

She raised her brow at me. "Sooo..."

"So, what?"

"I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Did you and Abel decide not to wait?"

"No, why?"

"Ooh, just 'cause of what he said about y'all getting a room later."

"Ooh, Abel's just a freak. He was just talking shit." I laughed. "But yeah, we're still waiting."

"Is it hard? 'Cause after a few days I start going through dick withdrawals."

"It's not hard for me since I've never really done anything before. Abel says it's not hard for him but he's like always horny so I know he's bluffing."

"That's funny." She laughed. "But that's good that he's respecting your decision to wait unlike other people."

Melody hated Jeremiah when him and I were together because he was such an asshole and she just grew to hate him more after the party and everything else that happened.

"Kenzee, can I ask you something else?"

"Sure."

"Do you know anything about what happened to Jeremiah last weekend?"