Chapter 9

Mckenzee:
I was on my way down to the field for practice whenI heard someone calling my name.

"Mckenzee! Wait up!"

I could tell that it was Jay and I still wasn't talking to him so I continued to walk without looking back.

"Aye!" He grabbed my arm and made me stop walking. "I know you can hear me."

"Yes and I was choosing to ignore you."

"Come babe, stop acting like this. It's been almost a month since we last talked."

"First of all, I'm not your fucking babe. And secondly you know why I'm not talking to you."

"I'm not fucking with Amera, I promise. I just said that shit to get you mad."

"Then why are you still sitting with her at lunch? And walking together in the halls and giving her rides home?"

" 'Cause we've been working on our project! She's really invested in it and likes to talk about it a lot."

"Bull shit!"

"I'm telling the truth but you're so blinded by palm tree now that you don't even acknowledge your own boyfriend."

"You're not my boyfriend."

"Since when?"

"Since you told me you were fucking Amera."

"You said you were fucking Abel so I just said that to get you mad!"

"You know damn well I wouldn't fuck him! I wanna stay a virgin til I'm married and you said you'd wait for me, remember?!"

"Yes baby, I remember. I-"

"I'm gonna give you one more chance to tell me the truth. Did you fuck Amera? Yes or no?"

"Uh..." He started to twist his hair like he always does when he's lying. "No Kenzee. I been waiting on you."

"You're lying!"

"I'm not baby, I promise!"

"Whatever! I'm done with you Jeremiah."

"So you're just gonna leave me? Is this 'cause of that nigga? You like him now?"

"I do like him actually."

"I knew there was something going on between y'all!"

"Guess you were right."

I shrugged and started to walk away but of course he followed after me. He kept trying to talk to me but I chose to ignore him until we got down to the field and we went our separate ways. He joined the football players on the far end of the field and I joined the cheerleaders in the middle.

I looked up in the stands and there was Abel sitting at the top, probably smoking. The past few weeks he would stay after while I went to practice so I wouldn't have to walk home alone afterwards.

"Look at your man up there waiting for you." Mel said as she walked by me.

"He's not my man."

She laughed. "Sure he isn't."

I shook my head at her and started to go to put my bag down when someone bumped into me.

I rolled my eyes when I saw Amera standing there with a smirk on her face.

"My bad."

She started to walk away but I grabbed her arm to stop her.

"Listen you little bitch, you might think you have one up on me 'cause you fucked Jeremiah, but incase you forgot I run shit when we're down here on the field."