Chapter 39

Mckenzee:
Abel and I walked into our reception holding hands and smiling from ear to ear. Everyone was seated at their tables smiling and clapping as Abel lead me to the middle of the empty dance floor.

"And now mister and misses Tesfaye will share their first dance."

Abel wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closely as we started to sway to the song he picked.

I smiled up at him then laid my head on his shoulder and he kissed the side of my face.

He started to sing the words of the song into my ear.

Love, through all the ups and downs the joy and hurt. Love, for better or worse I still will choose you first.

Many days I've longed for you, wanting you, hoping for the chance to get to know you. Longing for your kiss, for your touch, for your feel, for your essence.

It felt like everyone in the room had disappeared and it was just him and I there, holding each other as we danced.

When the song was over, he gave me a kiss and mumbled against my lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

He kissed me again before we walked to the table and sat down with our parents.

My mom smiled as I sat next to her. "You are beaming."

"I can't help it." I said, smiling too. "I'm so happy."

"And I'm happy that you're happy."

She squeezed my hand then we turned our attention to my dad that was now standing in the middle of the dance floor with a mic.

" I would like to thank you all for coming out to celebrate the union of Mckenzee and Abel." My dad said with a smile. "I've known this day would come for a long time but I still can't help but to be sad that my little girl is now married. And even though I'm sad, I'm also very happy to know that she has a man like Abel in her life. Someone that makes her happy, that loves her and will protect her by any means necessary. So with that being said, welcome to the Faraji family son."

Abel smiled and they exchanged a nod as my dad passed the mic to Ms.Samra.

"And I would like to welcome Mckenzee to our family. Abel is my baby boy and the thought of him leaving home and getting married used to terrify me because if you haven't noticed, he's a bit crazy." Everyone laughed. "But I feel so much better knowing he has someone like Kenzee on his side to encourage him, keep him grounded and knock some sense back into him when he gets too out of hand."

Everyone laughed again and Abel shook my head, slightly embarrassed.

"Your mom is funny."

"Nah, that was embarrassing."

"No it wasn't. She just knows that I got you." I said as I kissed his cheek. "Forever."

We ate our dinner then danced for a little bit before I found Melody so she could help me change into my other dress.

"So, how does it feel being a married woman?" She asked as she unzipped my dress.