Chapter 18

Abel:
My phone started to ring, waking me up out of my sleep. I sat up and quickly answered it so it wouldn't disturb Kenzee.

"Abel!" It was her friend Melody and she was in a panic. "Do you know where Kenzee is?! We were at the party then I went to the bathroom and when I came back I couldn't find her! I tried to call ber but my phone died then the cops showed up and fucking arrested me! I tried asking them to help me look for her but they didn't! I'm just now getting home and she hasn't texted me or anything man! I'm freaking the fuck out!"

"Calm down Mel, I'm with her right now."

"Ooh okay." She sighed heavily. "Did you pick her up?"

"No, well...kind of. She was drugged and she called me after leaving the party and I picked her up at a 7-eleven. We're at the hospital now and she's just been sleeping."

"Ooh my god, no! Is she okay? Can I come see her?!"

"Yeah, she's fine and her parents are on their way now and they're only letting her have three visitors at a time. I'll let you know when I leave so you can come see her."

"Okay, thanks."

"No problem, I'll talk to you later."

I hung up and put my phone back into my jacket pocket.

Kenzee was still out cold and I wanted her to wake up desperately. The doctors told me she would be fine but I needed to see her open her eyes and hear her say that she was okay. I hated seeing her like that and I knew I should've went to that damn party.

The door opened and when I looked up I saw her parents walking in.

"My baby!" Her mom exclaimed. "What happened?!"

"She went to a party with Melody last-"

"A party?" Her father stopped me.  "She said she was going to be at Melody's house."

"Ooh...well they went to a friends birthday party and while they were there, someone must've slipped something into her drink and-"

"Ooh no, she wasn't assaulted was she?!"

"No, no. But they ran her bloodwork and she had toxic levels of GHB in her blood. They used like charcoal or something to stop it from absorbing anymore and now she's on an IV to hopefully flush the rest of it out her system."

"Oh my gosh." Her mom started to cry. "I can't believe someone would do this to my baby."

"It's okay Mrs.Faraji. We're gonna find out who did this..."

I couldn't tell them it was Jeremiah 'cause they'd just call the cops and I wanted to handle him myself first.

"I'm gonna let you guys spend some time with her." I said as I stood up. "If she wakes up, please let me know."

I started to walk towards the door but her dad stopped me. "Thank you for taking good care of her Abel. We appreciate you."

"It's no problem."

As I was leaving I sent a text to the crew, telling them to all meet me at the studio in ten minutes.

I went out to the parking garage, hopped into Lamar's car and drove to the studio.

When I got the Lamar, Hyghly, Cash, Hawk and Stixx were there so we were just waiting on Freddy.

"Bro, what's going on?" Lamar asked. "Is Kenzee okay?"

"No! Those fucking assholes drugged her! She could've died if I hadn't taken her to the hospital!"

Hawk asked. "Wait, what assholes?"