Chapter 16

Jeremiah:
Hakim, Erik and I sat on the basketball court waiting for the rest of our friends to join us for a game.

I aimlessly scrolled through my Instagram until I saw a picture of Kenzee.

Kenzee

Kenzee.rose: አንዳንድ ጊዜ ለእርስዎ ፍጹም የሆነ ሰው እርስዎ ያሰቡት አይደለም 💘

"Yo, what the fuck does this say?" I asked as I handed my phone to Hakim since he spoke that Ethiopian shit like Kenzee.

"It says 'Some times the perfect person for you, is who you least expected it to be'."

"I can't believe she thinks she loves that crack head." I rolled my eyes as I took my phone back. "They're never gonna last and she's gonna come running back to me."

"I don't know bro...look at the rock on her finger."

I looked at the picture again and noticed the diamond ring sitting on her left ring finger.

"I know she is not engaged to that fucking palm tree!"

"Looks like it man." He laughed. "I don't know why you care any way, you're single now and you can fuck any bitch you want to."

"I know, but Kenzee hated him a few months ago and now they're getting fucking married! What the hell kind of shit is that?"

"They were probably fucking around behind your back." Erik chimed in. "I don't care how innocent she pretended to be, all them cheerleaders are little thotties."

"Don't talk about her like that."

He shrugged. "I'm just being honest."

I couldn't believe Kenzee would even date that fucking asshole and now she was gonna marry him.

I got up and started to walk away from the basketball court. Erik and Hakim yelled after me but I just ignored them.

I don't know if it was anger or jealousy taking over me, but I needed to see Kenzee face to face. I had to try to talk some fucking sense back into her.

I walked from the park to her house then knocked on the door.

A few seconds later a tall, brown skin man who I assumed was her father answered the door.

"Hey, is Kenzee home?"

"No, she's not. Who are you?"

"I'm a friend of hers. Can I-"

"A friend of hers is not a name."

"Ooh, my name is Jeremiah."

His whole demeanor changed and I felt like a child as he stood there glaring down at me.

"The same Jeremiah that was trying to force my daughter into his car? And the same one that bruised her arm? The same Jeremiah that would have my baby walking around this house like a depressed zombie?"