Chapter 17: My Hero Is Here

🍒Angela🍒

"Say goodbye, girl," he said, before a loud sound rang and I closed my eyes, feeling the pain flow through me but that pain was not of a gun shot, that pain was of me hitting something hard.

I anticipated the blood falling down, my body falling down but none of that, instead I heard a painful shriek in front of me.

I opened my eyes and they widened when I saw that the man in front of me lay down dead.

I spluttered in laughter. "He was trying kill me and he shot himself instead. See," I pointed my index finger at him, "this is what happens when you try to kill me! You kill yourself!"

"Not really," a voice I was familiar with said.

I looked up and saw that Carl was standing in front of me holding a gun in his hand. What is he doing here? I never thought that I'd see him again after that day.

"We meet again, Kristina."

"Kristina?!" I hear Andrew and Trisha both shout, simultaneously as they both look at me with confusion.

My eyes widened. He didn't know my real name and my friends know my real name. They are so going to get me busted. He just saved me but I didn't think he would. I thought we would never meet again.

Sudden realisation dawns on me. He kills people. He's a killer and he can kill me too. I need to run away. And fast. I am not going to lose my life today and it's 15th of August, Tania, our school's queen bee's birthday and I am so not going to die on her birthday. She would celebrate my death day.

But I leave that all behind and look at my friends.

"Of course, guys. You're acting as if you don't know my name." I smiled sheepishly and pointed to them with my eyes to get the point but them being oblivious didn't understand. God bless them for being so clueless. "You guys..."

"Kristina what is going on?" he asked again. His other men were shooting all the other bad people.

"You don't know? I was just seconds away from being kil-"

"Not that. What about you?" he said and eyes my friends who were now standing beside me.

"What about me? What am I supposed to do?" I said to him.

He sighed rolling his eyes and coming closer, "Did you just quote Gotta Go My Own Way?"

"Oh em gee! You've heard that song. You are my official bestie!" I went forward and hugged him.

"Kristina, we can be besties after you tell me what is going on."

"Nothi-"

"Now, I know you're lying."

"Ok, okay. I'll tell you but it's a long story. And you have to tell me about all this too."

•••

"Okay, so I was wandering around when I heard your voice. I got afraid and when I saw you I was relieved that in fact it was no animal-"

"You thought I was an animal?"

"Stop interrupting me! S-"

"I just spoke for the first time." he spoke, making me glare at him.

"You just interrupted me again!"

He raised his hand as if to surrender and I sighed.

"So as I was saying," I turned my eyes on him in a glare, "before I was rudely interrupted that when I aided you and you asked my name when I was going to go, I thought about it and told you my fake name because you know that 'stranger danger' rule."

"Was that your very long story?" he looked at me with an amused expression with suddenly turned to confusion, "And what is your real name?"

"Yep," I answered nonchalantly, "and my real name is Angela. Now you tell me you-"

"Cookies are here!" Trish suddenly entered, "Here's a special bigger plate of cookies for you, as a thank you gift for saving us."

Seriously, everybody needs to stop interrupting me!

"Why do I get only 3 cookies?" I said in dismay.

"Because Andrew's mom was tired of making all these cookies. She made nine cookies for us which we distributed and each got three." she explained and showed me her 3 cookies.

"But he gets a whole big plate." I pouted.

"That's because he saved us."

Carl was smirking when I looked at him. When he picked the cookie, he shoved it in his mouth but not before passing me a wink. He was obviously enjoying it.

Nutella cookies are my favourite and I need a total amount of 15-20 cookies to fulfil my stomach and what could these 3 do?

I sulked as he continued to eat the cookies with the smirk still intact.

Basta*d!

Right now, we were at Andrew's house as I could not go to Mason's house or Trisha's. So our last option was Andrew. We had successfully avoided the questions of Olivia and came to his room. We had stayed the night here and I had told Mason that Trisha and I were spending the night at Wailyn's.

He was a bit worried I won't be going to his house but he agreed a bit later. I mean he's helping and all but he doesn't need to worry alot. His worrying nature makes him so cute.

Despite the fact that I've only got three cookies, I'll eat them and enjoy them while they last which would be a total of 1 minute. I put one in my mouth and instantly sigh. They feel like heaven in my mouth. As I was about to put another one in my mouth my phone started to ring.

"ANGEL, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?"

I was surprised.

Mason's angry voice in my ear left me shocked.

"I told you we're staying a-"

"Bullsh*t! I called Wailyn and she told me that nobody was at her house!"

Why Wai?! Why did you do this to me?

I'm dead meat.

What I told you about Mason's worrying is cute. I take that back.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hi Guys!

Hope you're okay.

I know it's a short chapter but I wanted to update for you guys. My exams are going on and so this is only what I could update.

Merry Christmas!

We Muslims don't celebrate Christmas but I must have readers who do. So this chapter is dedicated to my Christian readers. :)

Enjoy the day.

WinxClubBloom93