Chapter 33: Emotional

Recap:

(Note that I've put snippets of previous chapters here to let you in on the story. They start from chapter 29. If you feel confused still, then feel free to ask me ;) )

"Dylan, Joanna, K.C and I were once inseparable best friend's..."

"We all went to high school together."

"Joanna, was... a great friend, too."

"And one day, we did become a couple."

Anonymous:

My plan must work. Because the one who challenges me, must crumble down.

Mason:

"I joined the gang. I was just eighteen. A few months later, I got a call telling me that Carl and Joanna ran away. They left me, Cherry."

"I felt destroyed. I never expected that kind of betrayal from my own brother."

"After our friendship, trust and love scattered, I left home. Carl already visited seldom and I never did. "

"Angela!" I heard my mom's tremblimg voice. "Someone attacked Zander and Olivia's house."

His name is Mason King.

And Zander King and Olivia King are his parents.

Just then a doctor came to us. "Mr. King, you're father has gained consciousness. You can see him now."

We were walking out when Carl burst out through the door and came running towards us.

"Where are mom and dad?!"

🍒Angela🍒

Mom was like, going to faint when she saw that Zander and Olivia's elder son, who just happens to be Carl, was here, too. They were both a bit shocked that they were both here after such a long time.

Just like Mason, Carl had cried after seeing both his parents. Even if they might be adoptive but they still brought him up. This whole re-union thing was making me dizzy. I was feeling so many emotions at the same time.

Seeing both of them like this had my heart crying, too. They were both special for me in some way; Mason being the person I love and Carl, my best friend, I think. I was torn between being happy that they met their parents or sad that it was after a long time. They had to spend many years without them.

People don't always make the wisest choices in life. Some actually make it and some regret it but time is something that we can't turn back. So instead of living with regret and sadness, I think they should make amends and try to live with happiness and peace.

.

.

.

DAMN! Since when did I become a motivational speaker? More importantly, since when did I become so wise to give such pieces of advices, even if they are in my head.

***

It was about two in the morning when I was bringing Mason a cup of coffee.

He had been sitting alongside his parents whole day.

Carl had went home after meeting both his parents since Mason offered to stay. He told my parents that they should go home and rest as well. He tried to convince me as well but he should know better. I'm stubborn, probably more than him. I wasn't going to leave him alone in a time like this.