Chapter 34: Angel's Home

🍒Angela🍒

I woke up the next morning to see that I was lying on the hospital's waiting chair. I fluttered my eyes and rubbed them a few times to get a clear view of my surroundings.

I ran my eyes around the area but Mason was nowhere to be seen. Immediately, I felt worried. Where is he? Where could he have gone?

Just as I stood up, I saw him coming out of the room where his father was kept. His face felt somewhat relaxed and minutely happy.

I smiled, infinitesimally at him. And for the first time he smiled in these two days. I understood the reason after he had said, "My father's awake."

***

Three days after his father gained consciousness, his mother came out of unconsciousness as well. Both Carl and Mason were happy.

Mason had apologized to both his parents. He'd cried like a baby as they've embraced each other. His parents had forgiven him, almost instantly. At first they were shocked but they came around slowly.

Aunt Olivia didn't believe that he was back at first and started crying saying he was an illusion but then he hugged his mom, making her believe that it was indeed, him.

As for Carl, he didn't show up his face at the hospital as he heard the news. So I went to talk to him about his strange behaviour.

"I'm feeling guilty. I can't show my face to them after what I did," his eyes glistened with unshed tears as his face remained stoic and aloof. His jaw was clenched as were his fists. It was as if he were trying to control his anger.

"I made them suffer all these years. It was all my fault. If I wasn't so reckless then we would've been living like a happy family. But I'm the reason we're all scattered. And not only this, I made Mason leave them too," he let out a bitter humorless laugh and his voice rose octaves as he uttered the next sentence, "Just because I was damn jealous!"

I placed my hand on his' and gently squeezed it to calm him down. "Well, now it's time to rectify your mistakes. Sitting here and wallowing in self pity won't get you anything. You need to go and apologise to them."

He stood up fastly and walked out towards the balcony, "I can't."

"But--"

"I've said what I've said, Angela," his voice was hard and distant.

I knew I won't win this argument so I left.

The doctor had said that Olivia would be discharged two days later and Zander can be discharged now. But he didn't want to leave his wife alone in the hospital, so he stayed back.

Mason had arranged VIP room, so his father could stay there.

Another two days passed and they were both discharged. Both of them were happy to be back home.

Andrew and Jayden were ecstatic to see their parents back. Jayden even cried, making my heart hurt. He was just a kid and he had to go through this.

My parents decided that Zander and Olivia should stay with us for a few days until they were better. As Andrew had school, so he won't be able to take care of his parents. Jayden was just a kid and needed care himself. And... Mason was kind of inexperienced for this.

Well, inexperienced would be an understatement. I bet he could shoot a bullet more easily than to do the household chores. He was used to giving orders, not taking them. He had a dominating nature and I don't think he'll be able to handle this smoothly.

Hence, my parents decides to take the matters in their own hands.

Our house was big enough to store everybody. Our two storey house had four bedrooms--two on ground floor and two on the first--, a kitchen, a dining hall, a TV lounge, and four bathrooms altogether.

Both the master bedrooms on both floors had attached bathrooms, as well as my bedroom. So, I had no problem. Trust me, having an attached bathroom is truly a blessing.

As their were only four bedrooms, so there was a slight problem. Mom and dad had to take one room, Olivia and Zander required a separate bedroom and even Andrew and Jayden. So, my mom had asked Mason to share a room with me. Hence, problem solved! Tada!

Now, the real problem was that Mason wasn't letting me sleep on my side, in my own bedroom.

"I always take the right side, so move, you big PANDA!" I yelled as I pushed him with all the strength that I could muster but to hell! It was of no use. He didn't even flinch a bit.

I was already breathing heavily due to this. But him! That impossible piece of apple was laughing at me causing me to huff and fold my arms across my chest.

"Seriously, Angel? And I thought you could do better after I tought you lessons," he said in an incredulously sarcastic tone. He was totally making fun of me. I could see him controlling his laughter; he was constantly pulling his lips inside his mouth.

I narrowed my eyes as he burst out laughing again.

I got it!

I slowly moved to the left side as his laughter suddenly stopped. I'm sure he was wondering why I was listening to him now. Time to get my revenge!

Get ready, Mr. Mason Aspen King.

I sat on the left side of the bed facing downward with a sad expression on my face. Now, I was trying to gather tears in my eyes, so I thought about all the sad times I've been through.

"Hey, Angel, are you okay?" asked Mason as he placed his arm on my shoulder trying to turn me.

No! Not yet, Mase. Just a minute, until I can get my eyes glistening. Please, wait a minute!

"Angel?"

I turned my face away.

Damn you, tears!

Just when I felt my eyes start to tear up, he turned me around. His eyes softened as he saw my face, causing his smile to leave his face. Goodness, I felt like a rebel.

You think I have a career in acting?

My lips were trembling and eyes blurred with tears. Right now, I also feel bad for him. But, I don't let anyone on my side of the bed. My bed is mine and yes, I'm possessive.

His hand instantly came to take my face between them, "Cherry, I'm so sorry. I was just kidding--"

He was interrupted when I hit him with a cushion. He was stunned. Looking at his starstruck face, I couldn't help the bubbling laughter that arrived. He then blinked. Once. Twice. Then narrowed his eyes.

I gripped another cushion quickly and started hitting him with it as he yelled, "Angel, you're really a DEVIL!"

***

Both of us were lying on my bed after our long session of the pillow fight. I was able to claim my right side and he was lying in the middle, almost. He had one arm under my head as we were both lying straight when he turned his face. I did too.

"I love you so much Angel," he confessed in a soft whisper and leaned closer to kiss my cheek softly.

I closed my eyes. "I love you too, Mason."

His lips closed on mine just after I whispered those words.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Heyyyy!

So, I'll make this author note short.

I've been busy preparing for my entry test for a medical college.

Hope you like this chapter.

Love,

WinxClubBloom93