Chapter 30: Bad News

🍒Angela🍒

"A few months later, I got a call telling me that Carl and Joanna ran away," his voice turned low and whisper-y, "They left. They left me, Cherry."

I kept quite, not knowing what to say. And I didn't want to say anything. I didn't want to interrupt him while he was opening up to me. His past was tragic indeed.

He was sad and lonely. But, still he never showed his pain to anyone. He displayed himself as a ruthless gangleader. But from the inside, he was soft.

My poor baby. My Mason.

"Baby, why are you pouting?" he asked, a small smile lifting up his lips as he pulled my face to peck the pout away.

"I think I'm starting to hate Carl," I slowly nodded with my eyes narrowed as if I was comprehending the fact.

Mason rolled his eyes, pressing his lips into a thin line, "But we've made up, Angel. I've forgiven him. I might not understand why he felt to do what he did but I can understand, he might have his own reasons. So don't hate him, okay?" he said gently pulling my chin up. I nodded.

He was so forgiving. He forgave Carl so easily, in my opinion. He was so nice. And he was all mine.

"For a time being, I became ruthless, merciless and cold-hearted leader. I didn't care, to put it frankly. I became so rude. And K.C seeing all this, he was devastated. He thought that I was destroying their lives because I loved Joanna. And maybe he was right. At that time, I didn't see anything ahead of that betrayal.

"Even I felt destroyed. I never expected that kind of betrayal from my own brother. After all this, everything became more complicated. KC became a gangleader of his own found gang. He gave shelter to the vulnerable and instead asked them to join his gang. Of course, they did."

And all along, KC, my dear KC, I thought you were innocent.

Mason gulped and pursed his lips. "After our friendship, trust and love scattered, I left home. Carl already visited seldom and I never did. I never looked..." I felt his voice crack, even though he didn't want to show it, he continued after clearing his throat, "...I never looked back. Because I was afraid to disappoint them."

He took a big trembling breath as he wiped away the small teardrops that appears in his eyes. He was in so much pain. And I don't know why, seeing him like this, in pain wretched my heart.

I guess we were connected with each other by the strong bond of our love. I know I love Mason, strongly, deeply and madly, all jokes apart. Hence, I could feel his pain. But through this pain, I could also feel regret and love somewhere in between.

I knew that if he had one wish in his whole life, he would ask to go back in time where he lived happily with his parents without any of these hardships.

But, if I was being selfish, I would think that if he ever went back in time, would he have still met me? Would we ever become friends? Would we even be in love? Thinking about all the possibilities only led me to one answer: no.

Because first, he was a few years older than me. So we would have never met in high school. Or maybe he went to my high school?

Anyways, I am unable to think of any other possibilities of us meeting each other. Maybe he wouldn't have been walking down that road if he wasn't a gangleader.

"What are you thinking about, my innocent Angel?" he asked.

"You," I instantly responded, causing him to give me a lopsided grin. I was about to roll my eyes when I realized something, "Oh, puh-lease, this innocent girl is not so innocent as you think!"

He raised his brows in a mocking manner, "Oh really?"

I nodded, "Yeah."

"What is that such a non-innocent act that you committed?"

"Uh-huh! Why would I tell you that?"

"Because I want to know more about the girl I love," he said as he caressed my chin with his thumb. 

I blushed at his response and smiled hiding my face in his chest, "Shut up!"

His loud laugh echoed through the room as his hands reached my tummy before my laugh joined his, resonating throughout the whole room.

We were finally happy. And that weight on his chest was lifted. He'd finally told the truth. He's free. And when he's happy, I'm happy.

We were lost in ourselves when my phone rang.

Both of us sobered up, soon, and I ran to where my phone was lying. It displayed 'mom'. Why would mom call me at this hour?

"Hey, Madre!" You can say I've been taking Spanish lessons from Mason.

"Angela!" I heard my mom's tremblimg voice. My smile was instantly removed. Seeing my face drop, Mason immediately came by my side, holding me in his arms. He had a questioning look on his face but he didn't ask me anything. He understood me.

"Mom, what happened? Is everything okay? Did something happen to d-?"

"No!" she sobbed."Someone attacked Zander and Olivia's house."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Hey, Potatoes! I'm tomato. How are you? Nice to meet you!

Okay, I really think I'm going high. I'm talking weird.

Anyway, soooooo sorry for the long wait. And I'm sorry for this pretty short and boring chapter but this had to be included since I want you to know about Mason's past.

I have loads of work and a lot of burden on my shoulder of my studies. So, my upcoming updates might also be slow. But I WILL COMPLETE this story, so no worry.

Next few chapters will be less boring, I'm sure. I'm also thinking of ending this book. It's almost near the end anyway.

Hope you have a nice day or night. Because it's night here in my country, so...

I'm sure nobody (including myself) likes to read author notes and I've prolonged it, so I'll end it here.

Good Morning or Good Night.

Happy New Year! 😇💝

WinxClubBloom93