Chapter 29: Tragic History

‘None of you truly believes until he wishes for his brother what he wishes for himself.’ – Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

♡♡♡♡♡

Chapter 29: Tragic History

🍒Angela🍒

"Dylan, Joanna, K.C and I were once inseparable best friend's..." began Mason, from the start and it surprised me that he knew my best friend Dylan and my cousin KC too.

"Wait, you knew KC too?"

On my response, he nodded and placed his hand on my arm to bring me down on his chest again. Well, that explains that photo then. I snuggled into his warm neck and sighed in ecstasy. I could lie here, forever, in his arms.

Winter had started and it was taking its toll on us. Mason pulled the covers on us and we both laid there in each others' arms as he explained his past to me.

"You knew my whole family," I muttered, almost inaudibly, causing him to chuckle.

"Anyway, we all went to high school together. We were in the same grade and were quite popular in school," he paused as a light smile took place on his lips, probably remembering those pleasant times.

"We had the image of bad boys; KC, Dylan and I. Girls were attracted to us--I mean who wouldn't be attracted to me, now?" I slapped his chest as he laughed at his own silly joke and kissed my forehead, spreading the warmth through my body.

Almost instantly, he became serious, "Joanna was an attention lover," he spelled her name as though he loathed it. I could sense it in his voice. "But not only that, she was... a great friend, too," he whispered the last sentence as if it pained him to say it. "Apparently, I couldn't see through her facade."

"And I didn't know... when or how did I... did I... fell for her atrocious tactics," he clenched his fists and pulled me closer to him. I don't know why but when he said that... he fell for her I felt a deep portion of my heart becoming sad.

"But I realized that what I accounted for love... was never love. It was just an teenage infatuation or crush or whatever you call it. She was the popular girl, I was the golden boy, people shipped us a lot."

I was relieved he didn't actually love her.

"And one day, we did become a couple."

•••

💎Anonymous💎

"What are they doing right now?"

"They are inspecting. They have been observing them for a while. They even know about their whereabouts," informed the member of the gang, Lark.

"So, are they ready?"

"Almost. They know what they do at what time. When they eat, when they sleep. When they go for work and when they come back. Who visits them, who speaks to them. Everything is in their knowledge. All it will take is a day or two to attack."

A malicious smirk graced my lips and I turned in my chair and faced Lark, tapping my fingers on the arm of it, as I straightened up and looked in his eyes. "Good. Make sure to get everything ready as soon as possible. I don't want any delay."

As soon as he left, I relaxed back and turned back in my chair and faced the city below me.

My plan must work. Because the one who challenges me, must crumble down.