Chapter 21: Looking For Narnia

🍒Angela🍒

I knock inside the cupboard; once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Then let out a frustrated groan.

"What's wrong, Cherry?" I let out a loud gasp, startled to hear Mason's voice.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my eyes wide. I probably looked like a deer caught in headlight.

"Angel, you tell me, what were you doing inside my cupboard?" he asked, amusedly, letting my question aside.

I sigh as I get sad and pouted. "I was looking for Narnia, Mase but I couldn't find it! Fucking shit, they tell you in movies!"

I looked at Mason when I heard weird sounds coming out from his mouth and found out that he was biting his lips to prevent the laughter that was struggling to flow out. A few moments passed when I heard full on laughter sounds echoing around the room as I bore holes into Mason's head by my glare.

"You were-look-ing for Narnia?" he questioned as he rolled over in laughter. Not literally, of course.

Honestly, it did not sound that funny in my head.

Once upon a time, I even left a shoe on my crush's doorsteps when I was 13 at his birthday party, imitating Cinderella hoping that he would search for me but unfortunately for me, he was no Prince Charming and I found out the next day that he threw the shoe away. I was a bit grief-stricken, I'll admit but then I found out that fairytales were not real.

But this! It had real people in it. I was optimistic that I would find Narnia.

Today, I learned another thing; never believe anything that happens in movies or dramas.

I huffed as I moved aside and sat down on Mason's bed, criss cross applesauce.

''What are you doing here?"

"You didn't want me to come?" he questioned still amused by my action.

"Don't look at me like that!"

"Like what?"

"Like I'm some stupid girl!"

"Ok, sorry," he apologised before he sat in front of me. "So you missed me, huh?"

And. . .here comes his famous smirk. I feel warmth coating my cheeks as he posed the question.

"No."

I heard him chuckle, "You did, Angel, stop denying it. You look really cute when you try to hide the smile that's itching to line up on your lips.''

"No!"

He laughed, "Then why are you blushing, Angel?" he questioned as he came closer, so that our knees touch.

"I'm not blushing!" I pouted as I look at him.

"Do I make you nervous, Angel?" he asked as he leaned closer. His face was near mine and I looked into his grey eyes which seemed to be pulling me in.