Chapter 27: Possibility

[a/n: not edited]

🍒Angela🍒

My eyes were all red and puffy by the time dawn hit the sky. My neck was sore from sitting in the same position for the last two days. My cheeks probably has lines forming because of the amount of tears I had cried.

My throat felt quite sore and dry. But I couldn't take anything in. I thought that I'd threw up even if I take water.

I felt pain. Pain in my body and soul. I felt empty. For the first few moments, I felt like dying. I felt immobile. I felt like I couldn't breathe, like my source of oxygen has been taken away.

NO! Why Mason?! Why would you do this?!

I wanted to shout at him. To be angry and scream at him. But I couldn't. I couldn't because he wouldn't be able to hear me. I closed my eyes once I felt tears lining up because I've had enough of them. Enough of all the crying and moping around.

I didn't want to cry anymore.

Maybe, because he asked me not to.

But these tears were involuntary. They came and came. I wasn't able to stop them, even if I wanted to.

"Angela," called Carl in a low voice as he sat beside me, pushing the glasses of water in front of my face, "please have a bit of water. You're going to faint if you keep this up."

"I don't want to have it." my voice was barely audible but I didn't care if he heard me or not.

I knew now that he was Mason's older step brother and that they were both in a gang with Carl being an ex-gangleader. He didn't give me any specific details but he said he would explain it to me soon. Once I've recovered.

Also he said that Mason would explain it better to me, once he's out of his coma.

Yep. Mason is in a coma. Two bullets hit him. One, that was dangerously close to his heart and one at the lower side of his stomach.

Dylan was also shot at his right leg and arm. One bullet also hit him on the left shoulder. Thank God, he was out of danger but still pretty much beaten up. He was on full rest and I'm so glad to see him alive. I can't believe what I would do if I'd lost him.

Two of Mason's men whom I didn't know died and five were admitted to the hospital, including Dylan and Kyle but it's good that all of them are out of danger.

Everybody fought bravely. Nobody backed off. And of course I feel remorse towards Josh and Martin who died in this battle. Carl came forward but he was hit by Quinn's men, too.

Not a minute later, everybody heard the sound of sirens. Police came and arrested QD's men. Carl was a genius to give them a call on his way back. He also called the ambulance and I couldn't thank him enough. If we were minutes late, Mason would have lost too much blood.

I closed my eyes and again that scene came in front my eyes.

My heart practically leaped out of my chest when I saw that horrible scene. My head hurts when I think about it. But unfortunately, I can't get the scene out of my head.